Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's all about the running game now Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's all about the running game now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

It's all about the running game now Empty
PostSubject: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 am

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers defensive players never have been bashful about revealing their game plan each week, at least the bottom-line portion of it.

Stop the run so "we have to make these offenses one-dimensional,' linebacker LaMarr Woodley repeated a long-held mantra.

The Steelers want offenses to throw the ball because they cannot run it, whether those offenses are led by Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Mark Sanchez.

The idea behind it is by forcing teams to throw when they cannot rely on the run, big plays such as sacks, interceptions and turnovers will follow.

The philosophy may be a good one, but it isn't working for the Steelers this season. The defense has been unable to make offenses one-dimensional by stopping the run and have few big plays to show for it. And the offense has become one-dimensional by not being able to run.

Judging by their own stated goals, those are not healthy signs. They believe, however, that they can change things on both ends before the game Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles at Heinz Field.

Helping feed that optimism will be the return of two of their biggest defensive stars and playmakers, outside linebacker James Harrison and safety Troy Polamalu. On offense, their leading rusher the past three seasons, Rashard Mendenhall, will play for the first time.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-its-all-about-the-running-game-now-656253/#ixzz28Od4zd2D

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:30 am

Sooner are later we have to have a break out in the run game. Ben will have a bad game one of these weeks so the running game better be ready.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
Sooner are later we have to have a break out in the run game. Ben will have a bad game one of these weeks so the running game better be ready.

It's all about the running game now 512807920 BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For that sir, you must spend a month in Buddha's room, eating foods made especially in my kitchen!

Now to the basement with you!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's all about the running game now 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:

For that sir, you must spend a month in Buddha's room, eating foods made especially in my kitchen!

Please anything but to the basement with Buddha. I am sorry sir I will never say that again. It's all about the running game now 2164293255

Bays

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:24 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:

Please anything but to the basement with Buddha. I am sorry sir I will never say that again. It's all about the running game now 2164293255

Clearly you're unaware of Truck's reputation of a cook. Kill yourself while you still can. It's all about the running game now 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 am

bayz101 wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:

Clearly you're unaware of Truck's reputation of a cook. Kill yourself while you still can. It's all about the running game now 1797695198

Clearly you're unaware of the potent odor that surrounds Buddha and stains his living quarters! It's all about the running game now 3798349058

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's all about the running game now 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:

I would of probably said the O-line would have a bad day before Ben. It's all about the running game now 1401235891

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about the running game now   It's all about the running game now Empty

Back to top Go down

It's all about the running game now
Page 1 of 1