Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTerry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD

Go down 
+6
effyou515
stlrtruck
Wallace108
Bays
vasteeler
Kornbread
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kornbread

Kornbread

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD Empty
PostSubject: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Drew Brees threw a touchdown pass for the 48th straight game on Sunday night against the San Diego Chargers, and his New Orleans Saints triumphed in front of their beloved, persecuted, suspended head coach Sean Payton. It was an evening of joy for the Saints and their loyal fans.

Terry Bradshaw hated it. The Fox analyst and four-time Super Bowl champion said on New York's WFAN that he didn't care for the way Drew Brees orchestrated the evening, and wasn't even that impressed with the record itself.

"I was a little upset that he went to the NFL to get Payton and everybody back to watch him break a record," Bradshaw said. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me?' I never would have gone and asked for them back … I thought it was disrespectful to the San Diego Chargers … So break it, go ahead. Hell, you're throwing it 50 times a game … I'm just against stuff like that. I just don't believe in doing stuff like that."

I hadn't really considered that, but I guess in a certain light, there is a degree of selfishness to it. Brees was breaking an individual record, and asked the league to make a concession so that Payton (along with Joe Vitt and Mickey Loomis) could be on hand to see him take down the record. All of this for an individual accomplishment.

So maybe that's a little self-centered on Brees' part, but on the other hand, it's not like there was some huge spectacle that took away from the game, either. There was an announcement in the stadium, and that was pretty much it. The extra point wasn't delayed, there was no break in the action, and there was nothing that should've affected the opposing Chargers.

Even if you agree with Bradshaw and believe Brees was a little too focused on celebrating an individual achievement, if there was nothing that showed up the opposition, where's the harm?

It wasn't just Brees' actions Bradshaw didn't like, though. The record itself doesn't impress him much.

"I'm not much on that stuff … I'm not into records, fellas. I'm just into winning football games. [The Saints] hadn't won a game … I'm not into records, I'm into winning Super Bowls … These things aren't important. We lose sight of why we play. We play to win and to win championships, not to break records."

Spoken like a guy who won a lot of championships but never had tremendous individual statistics. I'm not going to criticize either guy here. They're both great quarterbacks, but very different quarterbacks, too. I won't fault Drew Brees for wanting people important to him to see him break a record that he apparently valued. If that's not Terry Bradshaw's style, that's OK, too.

Gracias, Larry Brown Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/terry-bradshaw-didn-t-drew-brees-celebrated-record-221332839--nfl.html

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

i love brad but sometimes he just needs to stfu

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 pm

He's always bitching about something. No surprise here.

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:29 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i love brad but sometimes he just needs to stfu

Yea I like the dude also.....I didn't think it was a big deal the way he acted. He deserved a victory dance and the football..I say chill out man...and celebrate the man's success.

Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I have to agree with Bradshaw on this one. Ben could break Bradshaw's passing record tonight, and look how he's handling it ... he didn't even know about it. The Saints came into the game 0-4, and instead of focusing every ounce of his being on getting a win, he was concerned about getting his coaches into the stadium so they could watch him break a record. At 0-4, he shouldn't even be thinking about an individual record.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I have to agree with Bradshaw on this one. Ben could break Bradshaw's passing record tonight, and look how he's handling it ... he didn't even know about it. The Saints came into the game 0-4, and instead of focusing every ounce of his being on getting a win, he was concerned about getting his coaches into the stadium so they could watch him break a record. At 0-4, he shouldn't even be thinking about an individual record.

You made a good point there Wallace..but dang what a milestone to reach! I don't know man...it all seems a little trivial to me and I think there was no need to throw him under the bus for it. I will say ole BREEZE can air one out with the best of them.

Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm

I agree with you Wallace, but it's certainly no surprise that Terry's bitching about something. He's ALWAYS bitching about something. Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 1664291743

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
I agree with you Wallace, but it's certainly no surprise that Terry's bitching about something. He's ALWAYS bitching about something. Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 1664291743

Maybe we ought to get him some Midol?

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD Midol8ctRGB

Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not saying that Terry isn't bitchy. I just agree with him on this one. Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Terry is right to a point. Back in the day, players didn't celebrate individual accomplishments as much as they honored team victories - specifically HOW MANY SUPER BOWLS YOU WON!

The NFL has turned in to an individual's dream of accomplishments. Maybe because the key players that the NFL wants to promote aren't doing as well in the SB Victories column as they would like.

Very few players are overwhelmingly concerned about team victories and SBs won. It seems in today's NFL they are worried about the next big paycheck, and big paychecks only come when individual accomplishments are abound.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 am

Damn everyone is crying about something Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 1797695198

Put Johnny U. in todays offense in his prime with his offensive line and running game and add a couple of WRs he would own all the records.

Think Brad's thinking is it was bigger feat to do in Johnny U's day then it is in this pass happy game today.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 am

Quote :
Terry is right to a point. Back in the day, players didn't celebrate individual accomplishments as much as they honored team victories - specifically HOW MANY SUPER BOWLS YOU WON!

The NFL has turned in to an individual's dream of accomplishments. Maybe because the key players that the NFL wants to promote aren't doing as well in the SB Victories column as they would like.

Very few players are overwhelmingly concerned about team victories and SBs won. It seems in today's NFL they are worried about the next big paycheck, and big paychecks only come when individual accomplishments are abound.

Couldn't agree with you more, Truck. It's not just in the NFL, it is throughout our present culture. I'm not that old, but growing up in the 70s and 80s, I see differences in a lot of places. When/where I grew up, neighbors actually looked out for you. Where I live now, neighbors all have gates on their driveways with signs that say "no trespassing". Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 2087824411

As far as Terry goes, I think he is getting maybe just a tiny bit senile. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bradshaw. However, he has said some pretty strange things the past few years.

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Butch
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Love Brad (actually the only Steeler I have met personally), but sometimes not saying anythingis the better side of valor. I agree with the sentiment that it meant a helluva lot more back in the day but still let the man have his moment.

I also have to consider the circumstances. His coach has been strung up on the high pole for everyone to see thanks to "Go To Hell" Godel and this was a chance to get him out to a game. Can't help but think that was the motive more than anything else. If that is the reason I can't fault the guy in the very least.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 pm

What I don't like is how the suspended coaches were allowed back in the stadium to watch it. The NFL does not have a backbone.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 am

Maybe that was Roger showing his softer side. I mean not like it was a Steelers coach that was suspended.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Meh. Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD 2087824411

When you can break a record like that in the NFL then you've earned the right to celebrate any damn way you please. Somebody iron Terry's panties for him please.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD   Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD Empty

Back to top Go down

Terry Bradshaw didn’t like how Drew Brees celebrated his record-breaking TD
Page 1 of 1