Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread

Go down 
+8
Gingerchip
SteelCity4Life
steelersfan87
Kornbread
Bays
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Wallace108
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 am

I've never been on the "LeBeau needs to go" bandwagon. But I'm getting pretty close. And that's not just a reaction after a frustrating loss. I've been edging that way for a while now but I tried to deny it. It's getting harder to deny.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 am

But Wally, do you really believe it's LeBeau? I think we have talent-problems (not to mention the never ending injury problems)

Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:24 am

Gingerchip wrote:
But Wally, do you really believe it's LeBeau? I think we have talent-problems (not to mention the never ending injury problems)

I think injuries are definitely playing a role, but when your corners are consistently playing 10 yards off of receivers and the other team is dinking and dunking you, and when you're mainly rushing only four and allowing mediocre QBs to sit in the pocket and pick you apart, that has more to do with scheme. And I'm still not sure why Hampton is starting over McLendon.

I blamed Arians for the offensive struggles, and while there were other problems, the buck stopped with him. I have to hold LeBeau to the same standard. The buck stops with him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:34 am

I agree with you on LeBeau to a point, but I think we have talent issues.

Its like I used to say about Chuck Noll (and I am NOT taking anything away from the greatest coach the Steelers ever had), but with all of the talent that was on the 70s teams, a high school football coach could have taken them to the Super Bowl.

Again, not that I am disagreeing with you, I just think it goes beyond LeBeau.

Back to top Go down
lvsteelersfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:39 am

I refuse to give up yet. But we just can't win with Legursky at center. He is the reason the punt was blocked because the guy came right up the center of the field. No excuse for that. I hope Pouncey gets back soon or it will be time to throw in the towel and give up. I will still watch all the games but these close games are driving me crazy. But when have the Steelers ever had blowouts. They always let teams hang around.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:42 am

Here's Gerry Dulac's report card. It's just the grades. Follow the link for analysis.

Quarterback: B
Running Backs: D
Wide Receivers: C-
Offensive Line: D
Defensive Line: D
Linebackers: D
Secondary: F
Special Teams: D
Coaching: F

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/report-card-steelers-lose-to-titans-657278/
------------------------------------------------

I disagree with the grades for running backs, offensive line, secondary, and quarterback.

First, I can't give the O-line a grade. I give them an incomplete. After suffering 3 injuries on the line, there's only so much you can expect. All things considered, Ben didn't get killed.

I don't agree with the grade of F for the secondary. Ike definitely earned an F, but Ryan Clark had a great game. Lewis played well except for the dropped INT. I'll give them a C-

I don't think we can be too hard on the running backs. They were running behind a beat up line. Mendy got reinjured. Redman was running like a beast before getting hurt. Batch came in and did OK. C+

I think a grade of B is too high for Ben. I'm giving him a C. I don't care that he had 356 yards. He threw an interception right before half as they were driving. Quite a few of his passes during the game were off. He missed a wide open Sanders late in the game. And he had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game. The final drive and the drive before halftime are reasons enough not to give him anything above a C.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 am

Man I wish I had your faith. Maybe I'm just too tired tonight and too depressed post game. Either way, I'll still love my Steelers and worse case scenario, we'll have a better chance at a great draft pick.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 am

This is how I see it, Steelers hire Tomlin defensive coach, the Steelers and Tomlin keep LeBeau as DC to keep coaching one of the best defense in the league until talent of Lebeau's defense gets old and retires. Then the Steelers retire Lebeau and give him a damn good send off for a damn great job he has done for the Steelers.

Imo Tomlin and the Steelers has been drafting defensive players for Tomlin's defense since he became headcoach.

Last edited by effyou515 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Man I wish I had your faith.

For me, it's not a matter of having faith. I've just learned not to get too high after wins or too low after losses. I'm not very smart as it is, so I try not to allow my emotions to cloud my thinking more than it's already clouded.

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
I'm beyond beat on what happened tonight. No clue what we did to deserve so many injuries. This league seriously makes me think it's fixed. I guess it's time to get into College football, because the NFL is getting worse and worse.

Offensive line is decimated, defense needs a torch up their asses. Games like this won't get you anywhere. Tomlin will probably be all "hats off, good night"

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's class. It's what makes the team complete. But he needs the fire of old man Cowher and maybe this team will get somewhere.

Going to bed angry, fatigued, the list goes on. This game and this team will be the death of me.

Welcome to the board SteelCity4Life hope you enjoy.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 am

I agree with the DB getting an "F", at best a "D" or "D-"
Lewis HAS to make that interception catch. Have to. It was right in the numbers. That could have put the game away.
Ike's most known for his terrible play last year in Denver, but this might have been the worst game of his career. Horrible.
Our defensive backfield was making Hasselback look like Manning. Receivers constantly wide open. We just let a scrub team rack up 26 points.

Also the coaches definitely get an "F". Tomlin looked like a fool last night, he should be embarrassed. The FG try at the end of the game was foolish....your asking Suisham, who's not one of the strongest legs in the league to go 54 yards, and if he misses, which is likely, it gives them spectacular field position. Stupid.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Night, Truck. The sun will come up tomorrow. I hope.

Low and behold it rose this morning as the Good Lord had it planned. Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 1647293567

With the injuries we've sustained, this season may just be a wash. We can not continue to limp through the season and think we're going to win games. The injury bug has devastated this team right now. 3 of our key defensive stars - OUT, several offensive players could be severely injured and out for weeks.

If we go 8-8, I'd be happy looking at the walking wounded.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 am

After having dreams of pushing Ike Taylor into oncoming traffic, I realized that is exactly what is going to happen when we play teams that are of playoff caliber. Giants, Baltimore, even Cinci are going to STEAM ROLL this defense, and the worst part is, it's too late to do anything about it.

Lebeau's schemes are tired and useless, as evident by the play this year. Hardly any pass pressure by the D line...on the Titans...the FRIGGING TITANS!!! The secondary couldn't stop my grandmother from getting open. They are absolutely hopeless and pathetic, and the star of that shit-show is Ike Taylor, who truly has no right to be on a football field. EVERY week he costs this team at LEAST one score. Last night it was 4. I can't understand why he continues to play 10 yards off receivers. He is repugnant.

The ONLY players on defense who should receive a paycheck for last nights atrocity's are Clark and Timmons who seem like the only players out there with any heart and fortitude. THE ONLY ONES TRYING!!!

I used to look forward to watching our defense play and had confidence they would stop an 80 yard drive, now its automatic. It's who can score the last touchdown or field goal because you know we can't stop shit.

TRH
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Low and behold it rose this morning as the Good Lord had it planned. Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 1647293567

With the injuries we've sustained, this season may just be a wash. We can not continue to limp through the season and think we're going to win games. The injury bug has devastated this team right now. 3 of our key defensive stars - OUT, several offensive players could be severely injured and out for weeks.

8-8? 8-8???

It will be a MIRACLE at this point if we go 8-8. We can't even beat Tenessee or Oakland, barely beat Philly even with all their mistakes, and just our own division opponents coming up all have potent offenses. We'll be lucky if we win 2 more games.
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 pm

TRH wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

8-8? 8-8???

It will be a MIRACLE at this point if we go 8-8. We can't even beat Tenessee or Oakland, barely beat Philly even with all their mistakes, and just our own division opponents coming up all have potent offenses. We'll be lucky if we win 2 more games.

I agree with TRH....It will be a miracle to go 8-8. I watched all of the preseason games and knew that the Titans defense was above average and that they would give us problems. The kind of game playing I have seen from our beloved Steelers these past few weeks will not stand and we can expect more losses this year. My prediction is that this will be a loosing season for the Steelers and that at the end of the year our stats will be 7-9 at the best. I hope I'm wrong and the team does a 180 degree turn around. I do believe in miracles and that is what it will take to make this a winning season. God help us if Timmons gets hurt!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Quote :
God help us if Timmons gets hurt

You know that's right! I want Woodley back in --- anyone know how serious his injury is?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
God help us if Timmons gets hurt

You know that's right! I want Woodley back in --- anyone know how serious his injury is?
They're off until Monday. We probably won't know anything until then at the earliest.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 pm

they should have to come in and watch that game in it's entirety...TWICE!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread   Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Titans Post Game Discussion thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2