Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town

Go down 
+4
stlrtruck
Galax Steeler
Bays
Wallace108
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 pm

DefendTheConfluence wrote:
thanks Buddah

Last consistent back we had was The Bus. Mendy's injuries should be a concern, AS WELL AS his ball carrying skills...or lack thereof. Im a big "Rush-Hard" fan and would love to see him in the black n gold for a while, but he's got a hungry pack of young RBs nipping at his heels. maybe he takes a hometown discount, maybe he goes all mike wallace on the Rooneys, either way, the fire should be lit under his seat. look for a big second half of the season from 34

The Bus was great, but even he had some rough times. I honestly thought Willie Parker was pretty consistent for a couple of years until he started getting hurt and Mendy was pretty good early on. We have to remember that Parker and Bettis both had much better lines in front of them than Mendenhall has, but that may change real soon with DeCastro and Adams. We may still see the best yet from Mendy once we're set up front.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm

It's looking like Dwyer

By Dale Lolley

It's looking like Jonathan Dwyer will get his second consecutive start this week against Washington as Rashard Mendenhall sat out practice again Thursday, while Isaac Redman was limited.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Frequent readers of this blog know that I've thought all along that Dwyer was a better all-around player than Redman - though I like Redman as well.

And given Washington's shoddy defense, letting Mendenhall sit another week isn't a bad thing.

http://burgh.us/h85

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 am

Wallace108 wrote:
It's looking like Dwyer

By Dale Lolley

It's looking like Jonathan Dwyer will get his second consecutive start this week against Washington as Rashard Mendenhall sat out practice again Thursday, while Isaac Redman was limited.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Frequent readers of this blog know that I've thought all along that Dwyer was a better all-around player than Redman - though I like Redman as well.

And given Washington's shoddy defense, letting Mendenhall sit another week isn't a bad thing.

http://burgh.us/h85

I guess we'll get to see if he can show some of that consistency we're talking about. I think he'll do fine.

Back to top Go down
DDF
Xtreme Newb
DDF

PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I agree we need to see more from dwyer, but man that last run in shitsanati he got up with the bussy head shake i was impressed need that kind of fire to close out games. He has ADD, so maybe it has taken all this time for him to get up to speed in the NFL or maybe Haleys offense is more verbal friendly to someone who has ADD? plus he is big enough he wore down the bungles you could see it they didnt want to have anything to do with him in the 4th quarter. i am a fan of Mendy (minus that damn spin move), but he needs to step it up, buti also thought redman was gonna step it up when mendy was out

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 am

DDF wrote:
I agree we need to see more from dwyer, but man that last run in shitsanati he got up with the bussy head shake i was impressed need that kind of fire to close out games. He has ADD, so maybe it has taken all this time for him to get up to speed in the NFL or maybe Haleys offense is more verbal friendly to someone who has ADD? plus he is big enough he wore down the bungles you could see it they didnt want to have anything to do with him in the 4th quarter. i am a fan of Mendy (minus that damn spin move), but he needs to step it up, buti also thought redman was gonna step it up when mendy was out

I really thought Redman was going to bulldoze defenses too. He just isn't a starter. He's a great short yardage and goaline back though. We need to put the Redzone back in Redzone Redman.

I liked what Dwyer showed in Cinci. He ran hard and decisively. If he can do that consistently, we have found our feature back of the future. Bye-bye, Mendy! If he can't, it opens the door for Rashard to return which wouldn't be horrible. I hope JD can step up and at least make it a tough decision.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town   Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwyer could push Mendenhall out of town
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2