Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRavens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller Empty
PostSubject: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 am

Mike Wallace is the Pittsburgh Steelers’ deep threat and Antonio Brown is the jack of all trades, but eight-year veteran Heath Miller warrants a fair amount of attention from the Ravens defense.

The tight end leads Pittsburgh in receptions with 43 and ranks third in yards with 431. His six touchdown catches are tied with Wallace for the team lead and are one shy of his career best of seven set in 2007.

“Heath Miller, he’s a crafty veteran,” inside linebacker Jameel McClain said. “He understands how to get open in his routes, he understands the weaknesses in certain coverages, and obviously, he’s an aggressive blocker. He does a lot of things good, and that’s what time in this league does.”
Added inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe: “He’s just a competitor, and he’s just going to get after you. He’s a good guy. He catches the ball, blocks kind of well. Should be interesting.”

The Ravens have done a good job of limiting Miller. He has reached the end zone just once in his last 11 meetings with the Ravens and has not had more than 40 yards in eight of those games.

Miller has caught eight passes for 95 yards in his last two games this season, but he amassed 35 receptions for 336 yards and six touchdowns in his first seven games. The Ravens would prefer not to see Miller recapture his earlier success on Sunday night.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-very-familiar-with-steelers-heath-miller-20121116,0,2592499.story
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lookin for Miller to get some key 1st downs.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 am

I think we are going to have to get Miller open on some short routes so Lefty can get rid of the ball quick and not be sacked.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
I think we are going to have to get Miller open on some short routes so Lefty can get rid of the ball quick and not be sacked.

I hope Terrell Suggs doesn't show up like his old self today all of a sudden or Heath could be taken completely out of the passing game helping Adams or Starks to block. I'm especially concerned about Adams pass blocking against Suggs. The good news is that he gets to play him at less than 100% for the first time. Maybe with Ben out Suggs will also be less like a shark in blood infested waters trying to kill him.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 am

you shouldnt worry about Suggs Buddha, this will be a finesse game Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller 2981382511

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 am

fer69 wrote:
you shouldnt worry about Suggs Buddha, this will be a finesse game Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller 2981382511

Yep, just like my eating habits at Thanksgiving. Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller 2800024739

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller   Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravens very familiar with Steelers tight end Heath Miller
Page 1 of 1