Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRavens game  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ravens game

Go down 
+3
Drizztbob
vasteeler
Bays
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm

I had NO idea Brown was returning for this one. I ether overlooked or simply forgot. I like our chances of winning this game with all of our receivers + Plaxico. I've insisted for a while now that we'll fail without Ben, and so far we have, but I like our chances better in this game with a backup a LOT better. Everyone knows our receivers compliment each other, and with Brown back, the Ravens have a lot more to account for which will ultimately work well for this offense. Everyone pointed out that the offense only needed so much production and we'd win the last two games, but honestly, i'm not sure we could of won away. If Brown is 100% and isn't rusty, I expect a much improved passing game. If the defense holds tough, the offense could put up a couple of touchdowns and a field goal and walk away winners. Thoughts?

vasteeler

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:34 pm

if charlie cant get them the ball it wont matter who our receivers are. i hope another week of working with the firsts improved his accuracy and timing

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 pm

vasteeler wrote:
if charlie cant get them the ball it wont matter who our receivers are. i hope another week of working with the firsts improved his accuracy and timing
Brown being in there should improve the short-passing game tenfold, and maybe even take attention off Wallace or Burress just enough that Charlie can loft a no-pressure game-changing touchdown pass when we need it the most.

Drizztbob

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

The game plan just needed to favor a light passing attack against the Browns and shit would have been a lot different. When they stack 10 in the box while we run, run, pass they saw it coming. AB's bread and butter is slant routes across the middle, routes Wallace hardly runs. This is where Batch is effective and completing these passes will increase his confidence, not to mention open the long ball up when one on one coverage is available, there by making Wallace relevant again.

If our line can bolster down a bit, there will be no need to keep Heath back to block, opening ANOTHER valve for a short passing game. Beachum will need to play his ass off for that to happen. We'll see what happens with the Pouncy move if Colon is out. Decastro still a big ?.

Our defense plays just like they have been for 3 weeks and terrorize Flacco while eliminating Torrey Smith, and we have a shot at winning. A SMALL one, but still a shot.

I hate living here and getting swept by the Rats, so lets hope we still have some late season magic left.

Kornbread

Kornbread

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:57 am

Short routes to Miller and Dwyer pushing the ball up the middle.....Wallace can sit the bench as far as I care. It appears Troy may play? I'm scared to watch the game. Ravens game  2605341373

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 am

We have a chance to win this if we can run the ball and keep the pressure off of Batch. The Ratbirds don't stop the run very good and if our defense is playing up to par then we have a very good shot.

Drizztbob

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 am

I don't think we can rely on the run here which is exactly what the Browns expected us to do. Regardless how bad the Ravens are against the run, those stats come against teams with a balanced offense, which we of course do not have.

We have to put this game in Batch's hands. The Ravens will stack 10 in the box daring him to throw, and he will have to. WR bubble and HB screens will not work. These need to be effective 6-8 yard passes through the middle of the field in front of Batch. Once we have a successful first half of doing that, THEN we switch to the running game as the Ravens bring their blitzing linebackers back for pass coverage and switch to a nickel defense.

Only way to win in my opinion.

solardave

solardave

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 am

We ran pretty well up the middle last game. If we can do that and Brown is healthy we should be able to put up 17. Now it is on the D to shut Burt and Rice down. Ravens game  1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
The game plan just needed to favor a light passing attack against the Browns and shit would have been a lot different.
EXACTLY!!! If they had used today's game plan against the Browns, we would have won that game as well.

Drizztbob wrote:
When they stack 10 in the box while we run, run, pass they saw it coming.
I'm glad someone actually watched the same game that I did. The Browns were putting 9 and even 10 in the box and teeing off on our running backs. Yet we continued to run it up the middle on first and second down while scratching our heads and wondering why our running backs kept getting hammered and coughing up the ball.

Drizztbob wrote:
If our line can bolster down a bit, there will be no need to keep Heath back to block, opening ANOTHER valve for a short passing game. Beachum will need to play his ass off for that to happen. We'll see what happens with the Pouncy move if Colon is out. Decastro still a big ?.

Our defense plays just like they have been for 3 weeks and terrorize Flacco while eliminating Torrey Smith, and we have a shot at winning. A SMALL one, but still a shot.
Spot on. Ravens game  184121345

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks Wallace...I felt pretty good about that analysis. Glad someone noticed!

Kornbread

Kornbread

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Awesome game! I'm glad as hell the team put a "L" on them effers! How's that break out season Flacco? haha! Kiss off BROW MAN!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ravens game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens game    Ravens game  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravens game
Page 1 of 1