Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow weird is this Ravens game going to be? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How weird is this Ravens game going to be?

Go down 
+15
schillah
SteelCityUnderground
Hawaii 5-0
Dave75th
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
jak341
JonM229
Buddha Bus
stlrtruck
Steelcitian
LambertLunatic
Steel Peon
FrancoLambert
ImperialFan
SteelCity4Life
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

How weird is this Ravens game going to be? Empty
PostSubject: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:06 pm

- No Ben Roethlisberger

- No Terrell Suggs

- Flacco has basically no-name receivers.

Our defense somehow is now playing better than the offense who just lost the most vital piece of the puzzle.

I don't even know how I'm gonna feel about watching a Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz with no Ben, facing an 0-3 Ravens team which I can't comprehend either. I have to wonder how this is going to go down, and whether we can still damage other teams with our weapons despite now relying on Michael Vick.

This is not how I pictured things just a few hours ago. Wow.

Somebody's gonna have to stop Cincy. They're practically running away with the division.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Which is why I voted we root for the ravens today, but hey whatever. The ravens played the bengles tough today and they always play us tough. Ben being out is an equalizer for baltimore. We will have a rested Shazier, I expect it to be a low scoring game as Vick will just be getting used to this offense. I would hope his action is limited and we are able to find success in the run game. I was a little surprised we didn't see more of deangelo today,no reason to take someone who was doing a great job out of the mix. It would lighten the load for bell too. I didnt really understand the exclusive use of bell last season and I dont this season either.

edit: I'd like to add that 0-3 or not if this steelers team is able to come in after a short week, without Ben and beat the Ravens, that will make a statement about our Resilience.

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:31 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Which is why I voted we root for the ravens today, but hey whatever. The ravens played the bengles tough today and they always play us tough. Ben being out is an equalizer for baltimore. We will have a rested Shazier, I expect it to be a low scoring game as Vick will just be getting used to this offense. I would hope his action is limited and we are able to find success in the run game. I was a little surprised we didn't see more of deangelo today,no reason to take someone who was doing a great job out of the mix. It would lighten the load for bell too. I didnt really understand the exclusive use of bell last season and I dont this season either.

edit: I'd like to add that 0-3 or not if this steelers team is able to come in after a short week, without Ben and beat the Ravens, that will make a statement about our Resilience.

I wouldn't count on this.
He had his arm in a sling on the sideline. I think his shoulder is banged up more than they're letting on.
Sling to game ready in 4 days, gonna be tough...... How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 2087824411
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I wouldn't count on this.
He had his arm in a sling on the sideline.  I think his shoulder is banged up more than they're letting on.
Sling to game ready in 4 days, gonna be tough...... How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 2087824411

Yeah I just read that in another thread, somehow I missed the sling today. If he is out again I think we can officially say he has tendency to get injured.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:06 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
He had his arm in a sling on the sideline.

Saw that, but I tried not to think about it.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:49 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:

I don't even know how I'm gonna feel about watching a Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz with no Ben, facing an 0-3 Ravens team which I can't comprehend either.

Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz Field. That's all you need to know to be assured of some real football. I'm sure that Coach Porter is reminding Jones, Moats, and Dupree about the bad blood we have with the ravens. Meanwhile, James Harrison is reminding Joey Porter about the bad blood we have with the ravens.

Suggs has always been especially good against us. Harrison has always been especially good against them. JH is plaing on Thursday. Suggs aint.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:21 am

Some of the Ratbird fans on their forum are celebrating Ben's injury. Some feel they still can't win no matter whos at QB.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 am

It'll only be weird if we lose.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
Some of the Ratbird fans on their forum are celebrating Ben's injury.

Apparently, these ass clowns forgot about Charlie Batch!

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:
Some of the Ratbird fans on their forum are celebrating Ben's injury.

Apparently, these ass clowns forgot about Charlie Batch!

Never Forget

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 pm

I have a feeling dumervile is going to break vicks back or something

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I have a feeling dumervile is going to break vicks back or something

One can only hope to be so lucky

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:18 pm

"No way the dog killer beats us this week....we right the ship on Thursday! GO RAVENS!!!"

Please send these ass-hats to 0-4
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
"No way the dog killer beats us this week....we right the ship on Thursday! GO RAVENS!!!"

Please send these ass-hats to 0-4

Vegas has the Ravens favored anywhere from 1 to 3 as of right now.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
Some of the Ratbird fans on their forum are celebrating Ben's injury. Some feel they still can't win no matter whos at QB.

I went to check it out and theres a heavy dose of realism there. Ratbird fans live in their fears just as much as we do. The Ravens board actually looks like Steelers fans from our board pretending to be Ravens fans on their board, playing devils advocate. The sheer negativity and self pity is exactly even with our own. How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm

LambertLunatic wrote:
SteelCity4Life wrote:

I don't even know how I'm gonna feel about watching a Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz with no Ben, facing an 0-3 Ravens team which I can't comprehend either.

Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz Field.  That's all you need to know to be assured of some real football.  I'm sure that Coach Porter is reminding Jones, Moats, and Dupree about the bad blood we have with the ravens.  Meanwhile, James Harrison is reminding Joey Porter about the bad blood we have with the ravens.

Suggs has always been especially good against us.  Harrison has always been especially good against them.   JH is plaing on Thursday.  Suggs aint.

Point well taken. Defense has to be ready, this is a team hungry for a win, but if the continuity keeps up Flacco just might be eating the dirt quite a few times.

I'd like to see Vick throw a couple bombs; we all know he's capable. Bell and Williams hopefully will get a good work load.

It's a Thursday night game and I'm rightfully cautious.
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
- No Ben Roethlisberger

- No Terrell Suggs

Our defense somehow is now playing better than the offense who just lost the most vital piece of the puzzle.

I don't even know how I'm gonna feel about watching a Thursday night Ravens game at Heinz with no Ben, facing an 0-3 Ravens team which I can't comprehend either. I have to wonder how this is going to go down, and whether we can still damage other teams with our weapons despite now relying on Michael Vick.

Somebody's gonna have to stop Cincy. They're practically running away with the division.

I can't wait for this game. How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 2893009358
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:00 am

How weird is this Ravens game going to be? LkBtKqB

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Dave75th wrote:
SteelCity4Life wrote:
- No Ben Roethlisberger

- No Terrell Suggs

I can't wait for this game. How weird is this Ravens game going to be? 2893009358

Why? Because it'll be the first game you've ever watched where both teams were playing on an even playing field?

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Ravens likely to be without starting TE Thursday

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 29, 2015

The abbreviated work week for the Ravens and Steelers means the teams released a final participation and injury report Tuesday.

The Ravens listed the same players on that report that they listed on Monday. They practiced Tuesday without starting tight end Crockett Gilmore, defensive end Chris Canty and wide receiver Breshad Perriman, while starting left tackle Eugene Monroe was limited and could miss a second straight game due to a concussion.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, Ravens offensive coordinator Marc Trestman said that the team will probably be without Gillmore Thursday. Gillmore left last Sunday’s loss to the Bengals with a calf injury.

That means rookie Maxx Williams will likely see more action than he’s seen to this point.

It looks like the Steelers will play without linebacker Ryan Shazier for a second straight game after Shazier missed practice Tuesday. Daniel McCullers and Matt Spaeth also missed practice, and Cortez Allen was limited. James Harrison practiced; the Steelers said Harrison would have missed practice Monday had there been one due to a thumb injury he suffered in last week’s win over the Rams. Nobody thought a thumb injury was going to keep Harrison from a game with the Ravens.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/29/ravens-likely-to-be-without-starting-te-thursday/
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 4:42 pm

I think this game is going to remind us of ones, like the 2013 game we were 1-4 and was full of field goals for a 19-16 win. In that one, Baltimore was having trouble running the ball (which they did all year) and Ben only attempted 23 passes while we ran for 141 yards... or the 2012 game with Byron Leftwich, which we lost on a Jacoby Jones punt return... but they no longer have Jones either...

http://steelcityunderground.com
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Two things I don't want to see...

Flacco play action bootleg that the steelers always fall for..

Pass deep to the endzone...flag...ball on the 1 yard line.

Every game..sick of it

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't know if the Raven will come out playing mad due to losing all 3 games so far or if they will play kinda defeated since they lost a close game just 4 days ago.

Definitely like our chances as long as Vick is "manage the game Vick" and not try to be "video game Vick".

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

I think the Ravens see this as a game they should win, i wanna see vick and AB hook up for a 75 yard touchdown on the opening drive

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Somehow we are the underdogs... at home..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How weird is this Ravens game going to be?   How weird is this Ravens game going to be? Empty

Back to top Go down

How weird is this Ravens game going to be?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next