Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThrashers headed to Winnipeg Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Thrashers headed to Winnipeg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Thrashers headed to Winnipeg Empty
PostSubject: Thrashers headed to Winnipeg   Thrashers headed to Winnipeg EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:04 am

ESPN.com news services

ATLANTA -- First, the Flames. Now, the Thrashers.

The struggling NHL franchise was sold Tuesday to a group that will move it to Winnipeg next season, making Atlanta the first city in the league's modern era to lose two teams.

The Flames left for Calgary in 1980. The Thrashers are following them to Canada three decades later.

"I want to thank all the Thrashers fans that supported us in Atlanta for my two years there. Very unfortunate there will be no NHL hockey," tweeted Evander Kane, one of the team's most promising young players. "I will miss the great people and city of Atlanta."

True North Sports and Entertainment announced the deal during a news conference at Winnipeg's MTS Centre, the 15,015-seat arena where the team will play. The news sparked a raucous celebration in Manitoba's largest city, which is rejoining the league after losing the Jets to Phoenix in 1996.

(Read More:) http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6610414

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Thrashers headed to Winnipeg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrashers headed to Winnipeg   Thrashers headed to Winnipeg EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Thank god. I don't know whose stupid idea it was to put another NHL franchise in Atlanta, but it was just plain stupid.

Extremely glad to have the Jets back...now if we could just go from the Phoenix Coyotes to the Quebec Nordiques. Thrashers headed to Winnipeg 3135543967

Thrashers headed to Winnipeg
Page 1 of 1