Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeVikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol Empty
PostSubject: Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol   Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 am

Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:30 pm | Updated: 10:02 pm, Thu Apr 19, 2012.
Associated Press

Minnesota's latest stadium snag has the NFL publicly questioning the state's interest in keeping the Vikings, and league Commissioner Roger Goodell is concerned enough that he is coming for another visit.

Goodell and Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney will meet with legislative leaders and Gov. Mark Dayton at the Minnesota Capitol on Friday to urge progress on the struggling effort to build a new home for the Vikings. By a 9-6 vote, a House committee struck down a $975 million stadium bill on Monday, dealing a major blow to the team's decade-long effort to get taxpayer help for a Metrodome replacement.

"A failure to bring this to the floor is going to be perceived by the ownership and other cities as if it came to the floor and it were voted no," Eric Grubman, the league's vice president for operations, said Thursday.

The group will meet in Dayton's office.

"If it isn't passed this session, the league itself _ beyond the Vikings _ the league itself has serious concerns about the viability of the franchise here and the future of it here," Dayton said after a 20-minute phone conversation with Goodell and Rooney on Thursday.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/vikings-threatened-nfl-boss-headed-to-capitol/article_854e10c5-0dd9-56c8-95dd-08d998d33b86.html

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol   Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 am

Let's hear it for your Los Angeles Vikings!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol   Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 am

JonM229 wrote:

As soon as I read the article, I thought the same thing.

And I'm sure the NFL, Der Kommish would force the move if necessary! There are other teams playing in worse stadiums, and the NFL isn't worried about those team's future in their current locations?

I smell a rat (and for once it's not Jon).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol   Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:24 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

As soon as I read the article, I thought the same thing.

And I'm sure the NFL, Der Kommish would force the move if necessary! There are other teams playing in worse stadiums, and the NFL isn't worried about those team's future in their current locations?

I smell a rat (and for once it's not Jon).

Thinking I'll bet Al Davis loved Goodell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol   Vikings threatened? NFL boss headed to Capitol Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1