Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench

Go down 
+2
Galax Steeler
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 am

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Dec. 4, 2012 at 08:42 p.m.

The demotion of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall did not get a lot of national attention last week with Charlie Batch's big game and all of the Ben Roethlisberger injury speculation.

Mendenhall, a first-round pick in 2008, is buried deep enough in the doghouse to be a healthy scratch on Sundays behind running backs Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman. Mendenhall has a 1,200-yard season under his belt. He's started a Super Bowl.

It's remarkable that he's not even playing at this stage, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin made it clear that Mendenhall's role wasn't going to change this week against the San Diego Chargers.

"We don't intend on doing anything differently in terms of Jonathan (Dwyer) being the guy and of course, (Isaac Redman) supplementing him because Red is capable of distinguishing himself in situational football, short yardage. He's a good blitz-pickup guy," Tomlin said Tuesday via Steelers.com.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106068/article/mike-tomlin-rashard-mendenhall-will-remain-on-bench

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 am

No surprises here we all knew this was going to happen. Rashard is in his last few games with the Steelers.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
No surprises here we all knew this was going to happen. Rashard is in his last few games with the Steelers.

I still have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him this year. I agree he's history next year, but the way our RB injuries have piled up this season, I don't think he'll remain on the bench the entire stretch run.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 am

Looks like that kid out of Wisconsin, what's his name Monte?

Looking like a better pick for the Steelers in April 2013.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 am

Oh snap...he must have really pissed him off. I didn't think they'd sit him for another week. I understand going with the hot hand and all, but dang lol. I like Dwyer, Redman, and Rainey enough to not worry about him coming back next year though, and it definitely sends a good message to the other RBs.

RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:

Running back first round...perhaps?
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Can he afford MJD Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench 1505004552

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench   Mike Tomlin: Rashard Mendenhall will remain on bench Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1