Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNear Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers   Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

December 8, 2012 9:06 AM
By Christina Rivers

With many of the injured players on the Pittsburgh Steelers’ roster becoming healthy with only four games left in the 2012 NFL regular season, timing couldn’t be better. The Steelers (7-5) host the San Diego Chargers (4-8) in a game that many are predicting will be a great opportunity for many of those Steelers players to test their readiness and march one step closer to the playoffs. Some younger players will step up in the game to cover some of the veterans who are still nursing injuries, but are expected to play at a high level. Sunday’s game at Heinz Field could be just the right opportunity for the Steelers to rebound and play near full strength since earlier in the season.

The news that cornerback Ike Taylor had fractured his ankle in last weekend’s matchup against the Baltimore Ravens was yet another setback for the Steelers. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said, “We’re sure sorry to have [Taylor] sitting on the sidelines, but I know he’ll get back as quickly as he can. The guys that are in there will just have to step up and play well.” LeBeau was referring to Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown who will split time at Taylor’s position. Allen will get the start and Brown will come in on different defensive packages. “The defensive backs and the coaches obviously know what [Allen and Brown] are capable of,” said a healthy Troy Polamalu. “To replace somebody like [Taylor], who I don’t think has ever missed a game here, is going to be tough.” LeBeau talked about how the Steelers coaches get guys like Allen and Brown to step up during times like this by pointing out how they plan for the season. “We start from the coaching sessions, right up through training camp,” said LeBeau. “We don’t try to get four defensive backs ready to go, we try to get 8-10 because we know before the season is over, we absolutely will be playing 9-10 defensive backs in the games.” LeBeau credited defensive backs coach Carnell Lake for getting the players to the level they need to be at.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/12/08/near-full-strength-timing-couldnt-be-better-for-steelers/

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers   Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Steelers might be peaking at the right time.

Still nerves that they might play down to the Chargers.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers   Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:50 am

We have to look at every remaining game as a playoff scenario. We can't trip over anyone from here on out. I feel comfident that Carnal will coach these young guys up. Worilds is playing a lot better and Troy is back plus Harrison is starting to come on. The O-line although we're banged up continues to get it done, credit Haley's schemes.
I think from time to time we'll bash whoever is OC but he makes the stand in Head Coach of the Colts look like a high schooler. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers   Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 am

solardave wrote:
We have to look at every remaining game as a playoff scenario. We can't trip over anyone from here on out. I feel comfident that Carnal will coach these young guys up. Worilds is playing a lot better and Troy is back plus Harrison is starting to come on. The O-line although we're banged up continues to get it done, credit Haley's schemes.
I think from time to time we'll bash whoever is OC but he makes the stand in Head Coach of the Colts look like a high schooler. Twisted Evil

I think we can still take one loss as long as it isn't the Bengals. Obviously, it would be better to just win out, but I'm not holding my breath. I still think, even though the Rats will falter, they will still claim the division so we just need a playoff berth. Get a ticket to the dance, and it's game on. All of those people that have been calling us old and slow will begin calling us playoff experienced and methodical instead.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers   Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn’t Be Better For Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1