Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRyan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers   Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:59 am

The Cincinnati Bengals haven't had much success against the Pittsburgh Steelers in recent seasons. Prior to the last meeting with their AFC North rival, the Bengals tried to send a message that intimidation hadn't crept into the equation.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark told NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala this week that members of the Bengals picked a fight with Steelers long snapper Greg Warren before Pittsburgh's 24-17 win in October. The teams meet again Sunday.

"They don't care about us. They came out before the last game and tried to start a fight with our long snapper," Clark recalled. "I think it was a smart pick because you pick somebody else, it might be trouble. But I think it was for them to say, 'Hey, we're not scared of you guys. We think we can beat you.'"

Clark deadpanned the bit about the Bengals being smart. If Cincinnati meant to send message, it's unclear the right one got through.

"We understand their mentality coming in. But you have to come out and prove it," Clark said. "The Bengals have to come in here and be ready to to and stand in the middle of the field and slug it out. We like doing that, we're used to doing that and the best team will win."

The Steelers have won five straight against the Bengals and 10-of-12 overall. This has been a one-sided rivalry, but the Bengals can strike a thunderous blow by knocking the Steelers out of the playoff picture Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114856/article/ryan-clark-bengals-need-to-slug-it-out-with-steelers

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers   Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 am

Again, I'll just quote Truck from another thread ...

stlrtruck wrote:
Yes it's time to rise up, but talk is cheap - actions speak loudly.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers   Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 am

It really will be coming down to our secondary this game. Will our backups be able to contain Green, Gresham, and Hawkins?

To be honest, I'm not so sure. Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers 611739232

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers   Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Clark: Bengals need to 'slug it out' with Steelers
Page 1 of 1