Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
fer69
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 pm

by Bruce Raffel on Jun 6, 2012 10:00 AM EDT

There is no current rivalry in the NFL better than the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers. Be it Steelers Week in Baltimore or Ravens Week in Pittsburgh, it's obvious that not only do the fans not like each other, but neither do the players. However, as much as we don't like them and they don't like us, there is a mutual respect from both sides.

When Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for part of the 2010 season, there were some Ravens fans who wanted him in there so the Ravens could beat them at full strength. That's why it was even sweeter when Baltimore swept Pittsburgh last season.

Same goes now, as Steelers safety Ryan Clark showed a ton of respect and class when he commented on wanting Terrell Suggs on the field when his team beats the Ravens this coming season - as if that might happen!

Acknowledging the abilities of your enemy is the epitome of fair play, as without that, there is no rivalry nor the energy that an upcoming contest generates with both the players, fans and cities. Clark said in an interview on NFL.com:

"I want to beat them with all of their guys. You want to beat them with their best players. You know, I want to see him do that crazy dance that nobody knows what it is but it looks good when he does it. We haven't blocked him yet. I've been here seven years and we still haven't blocked him. But we sure beat them a lot of times."

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/6/6/3066984/steelers-ryan-clark-wants-to-beat-ravens-with-suggs

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't care if we beat them with or without Suggs, as long as we beat them. A win is a win. It doesn't count any less if a star player is out.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 am

I prefer we beat them... with a heavy stick. Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  1797695198

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I don't care if we beat them with or without Suggs, as long as we beat them. A win is a win. It doesn't count any less if a star player is out.

thats where i am. if him being out helps our team, so be it

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 pm

As a player, I get where he is coming from.

As a fan, I don't give a crap if they bring back Kyle Boller. A win is a win. When teams beat us without Ben or Troy, they celebrated just as much as if we woulda had those guys.

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 pm

I can tell you this dealing with Ravens fans year round, it doesn't matter if their team is completely healthy or half their starters aren't playing, the fans will still make some excuse if they lose. With that in mind, I don't care who's playing, I always want to see the Steelers beat the Ravens.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
I can tell you this dealing with Ravens fans year round, it doesn't matter if their team is completely healthy or half their starters aren't playing, the fans will still make some excuse if they lose. With that in mind, I don't care who's playing, I always want to see the Steelers beat the Ravens.

Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  3964572787

I can vouch for what Steelerdude is saying here. I live in Ratbird country too. There's ALWAYS an excuse or the patented "we're the better team and really won that game regardless of the final score" line of inexplicable flapdoodle. They are at best confused and at worst downright psychotically delusional.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs    Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers' Ryan Clark Wants To Beat Ravens - With Suggs
Page 1 of 1