Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? Empty
PostSubject: NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress?   NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 am

Dan Pompei, The National Football Post Jun 5, 6:05 am EDT

Do you suppose there will be a line of teams waiting outside of Oneida Correctional Facility with pen and contracts in hand when former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress(notes) walks out on Monday?

I don’t. Not after talking with people on five NFL teams that are in the market for wide receivers. None of them expressed an interest in signing Burress.

Said one personnel director: “I’m very leery. Too many things could go wrong as opposed to going right.”

Said another: “Not by any stretch can he be counted on as a go-to receiver anymore.”

Burress will play in the NFL this fall. But it’s doubtful any team will bring him expecting him to be a big-time producer, or pay him starter’s money.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aruo8bA1rl.RiOSf2yxyzaBDubYF?slug=nfp-20110605_nfp_sunday_blitz_3625

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress?   NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Dan Pompei, The National Football Post Jun 5, 6:05 am EDT

Do you suppose there will be a line of teams waiting outside of Oneida Correctional Facility with pen and contracts in hand when former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress(notes) walks out on Monday?

I don’t. Not after talking with people on five NFL teams that are in the market for wide receivers. None of them expressed an interest in signing Burress.

Said one personnel director: “I’m very leery. Too many things could go wrong as opposed to going right.”

Said another: “Not by any stretch can he be counted on as a go-to receiver anymore.”

Burress will play in the NFL this fall. But it’s doubtful any team will bring him expecting him to be a big-time producer, or pay him starter’s money.
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aruo8bA1rl.RiOSf2yxyzaBDubYF?slug=nfp-20110605_nfp_sunday_blitz_3625
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aruo8bA1rl.RiOSf2yxyzaBDubYF?slug=nfp-20110605_nfp_sunday_blitz_3625[/quote[/url]]

I'm sure someone will take a chance on him. I mean damn teams continue to take a chance on WRs like Ochostinko and Terrell Owens. And while Burress had some legal troubles, I believe with the right mentor he too can turn around his career like Vick did.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

NFP Sunday Blitz: Limited market for Burress?
Page 1 of 1