Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace reflects on 2012 season Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace reflects on 2012 season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace reflects on 2012 season Empty
PostSubject: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 am

This is an interesting article. http://burgh.us/ji7
I'm just going to post some of it and some quotes below. Click on the link to read the whole article.

The Wallace stuff speaks for itself. What I found particularly interesting was Brown's comment:

Quote :
“We wasted a lot of energy worrying about things that were out of our control, pointing a finger here, pointing a finger there,” said Brown, while not specifically naming Wallace. “People mad here. People mad there. And as a team collectively you can’t have that.”

Hmmm, it seems like there was behind-the-scenes drama after all.

Quote :
By F. Dale Lolley

PITTSBURGH – Mike Wallace admits his attitude during the Steelers’ recently completed 2012 season probably wasn’t what it should have been.

But the 2011 Pro Bowl wideout also wouldn’t change how he handled his contract negotiations, a situation that included a lengthy holdout in training camp when he refused to sign the team’s tender offer.

“I’m not in a habit of going back and saying what should have happened. I did what I did. I can’t change that,” said Wallace, who will become an unrestricted free agent March 12 when the 2013 NFL season officially begins.

“I definitely wish things would have been better. But I wouldn’t change anything I did.”

“My role has always been a certain role since I’ve been here, and it changed this year,” Wallace said. “I wasn’t in training camp, so I didn’t really know how the role was going to change. It did change. You’ve got to adjust to it.”

Wallace’s frustration was apparent to his teammates.

“We wasted a lot of energy worrying about things that were out of our control, pointing a finger here, pointing a finger there,” said Brown, while not specifically naming Wallace. “People mad here. People mad there. And as a team collectively you can’t have that.”

Wallace said he learned from the situation.

“Next year, I’ll definitely have a positive attitude going into it and make the best of the situation and make it a good fit for me, even if I feel it’s not,” he said.

But is Haley’s ball-control offense a good fit for Wallace?

Head coach Mike Tomlin said Monday he thinks it is. Wallace isn’t quite so sure.

“It’s a decent fit. I think it could be (a good fit) if I have a better mindset going into it, knowing my role exactly going into it before the season now having been in it a whole year, I think it could be a good fit,” Wallace said. “We just have to make some adjustments in this offense. When you’ve never been in it and you just come into it, it’s a little different. Hopefully, if I’m here, I’ll figure it out.”

Despite everything that occurred in 2012, Wallace would still like to return to Pittsburgh.

“This is where I’ve been at the whole time. I don’t know anything else. I’d love to be here,” Wallace said. “I love my teammates, love my coaches, so it could definitely be the best situation for me, but we’ll know in two or three months.

“I just want to be a in good situation, a good fit for myself, no matter if it’s here or somewhere else. I just want to be in a good situation. Money is not really the problem.”

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 am

Ha ha I just don't see Wallace back with us next year. I know and everyone else knows that he is going to want a big contract and to me he didn't earn one. With that said goodbye Wallace Wallace reflects on 2012 season 2000130356

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 am

I disagree Galax, I actually see the Steelers signing him to a lesser deal than he could have had last year. I see him being happy with that deal, most likely a 3-4 year deal, which will eliminate the pre-season drama we had this year. Then I believe we'll actually get to see this offense produce better numbers - assuming the o-line has gotten over the injury bug.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace reflects on 2012 season 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:10 am

Here is what I don't get:

"This is where I've been at the whole time. I don't know anything else. I'd love to be here," Wallace said. "I love my teammates, love my coaches, so it could definitely be the best situation for me, but we'll know in two or three months.

"I just want to be a in good situation, a good fit for myself, no matter if it's here or somewhere else. I just want to be in a good situation. Money is not really the problem

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2013/1/2/3827304/mike-wallace-steelers-free-agency-contract

But this WAS the problem from the beginning. Now he is saying it isn't??????

Doesn't make sense to me.

Wallace reflects on 2012 season We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Here is what I don't get:

"This is where I've been at the whole time. I don't know anything else. I'd love to be here," Wallace said. "I love my teammates, love my coaches, so it could definitely be the best situation for me, but we'll know in two or three months.

"I just want to be a in good situation, a good fit for myself, no matter if it's here or somewhere else. I just want to be in a good situation. Money is not really the problem

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2013/1/2/3827304/mike-wallace-steelers-free-agency-contract

But this WAS the problem from the beginning. Now he is saying it isn't??????

Doesn't make sense to me.

If I recall correctly, the amount of the contract wasn't the issue, the issue was the up front money he was receiving. So technically the overall amount wasn't the issue, it was the guaranteed money he was wanting to change.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace reflects on 2012 season 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace reflects on 2012 season   Wallace reflects on 2012 season Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace reflects on 2012 season
Page 1 of 1