Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAl Bundy was almost a Steeler Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Al Bundy was almost a Steeler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Al Bundy was almost a Steeler Empty
PostSubject: Al Bundy was almost a Steeler   Al Bundy was almost a Steeler EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:22 am

Young NFL.com readers will hear the name Ed O’Neill and think of Jay from the current TV hit “Modern Family.” Slightly older fans will immediately think of Al Bundy from “Married… With Children.” And even older fans will remember Ed O’Neill as a rookie with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well, maybe not. Even the most die-hard Steelers fan probably has no idea that O’Neill, once a defensive end at Youngstown State University, was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Steelers in the summer of 1969.

O’Neill recalled the story earlier this week on “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” explaining why he’ll never forget the day he was cut by the Steelers.

O’Neill didn’t last long –- he was cut on July 21. No surprise. Not only was he an undrafted player, but the Steelers drafted the likes of Joe Greene and L.C. Greenwood that year.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/09/al-bundy-was-almost-a-steeler/
---------------
Joe Greene and L.C. Greenwood never scored 4 touchdowns in one game. Al Bundy was almost a Steeler 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Al Bundy was almost a Steeler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Bundy was almost a Steeler   Al Bundy was almost a Steeler EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 am

Just another reason to love my hero Al Bundy.

I just can't understand how a guy who once scored 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High couldn't crack the roster. Al Bundy was almost a Steeler 2829330259 Al Bundy was almost a Steeler 1797695198

Back to top Go down

Al Bundy was almost a Steeler
Page 1 of 1