Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAdams sets his sights high Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Adams sets his sights high

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Adams sets his sights high Empty
PostSubject: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 am

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

For most rookies the first year in the NFL is filled with growing pains, brought on by the challenge of learning a new offensive scheme, adjusting to football now being a job, intense competition on a daily basis and a laundry list of other things.

Mike Adams was no different than any rookie last year, when the second-round draft pick from Ohio State had his bumps in the road to deal with. But he came through it all relatively unscathed.

Adams got off to a bit of a rocky start when he was thrown into the fire in the season opener against the Denver Broncos after right tackle Marcus Gilbert injured his knee. His performance wasn’t the stuff highlight films are made of, but it didn’t deter Adams. It just made him stronger.

Adams once again found himself in the spotlight when the Steelers played the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 21, making his first NFL start with Gilbert sidelined with a knee injury. This time the results were different as Adams was part of a line that helped the Steelers gain 167 yards on the ground en route to a 24-17 win.

“A lot of the adjustments last year had to do with the mental game and getting comfortable with that,” said Adams. “Plus it’s getting used to everybody being great players. In the NFL everyone is the best of the best. Overall those were the toughest things. But I thought it went all right.”

Just as his game was progressing Adams had a setback, suffering an ankle injury against Cleveland on Nov. 25 and wouldn’t play again the remainder of the season.

“It was pretty rough,” said Adams. “For me it was pretty devastating mentally. You watch your team practice every day and you want to be out there but you can’t. You kind of feel isolated, especially after a couple of weeks. You are just watching the days go by wondering when you are going to feel better.

“You just have to keep your mind right and keep pushing to get that thing right. There isn’t much you can do about it but try and get back. It makes you stronger.”

Heading in to year two Adams is feeling strong and is back on track. He continues to work on the mental aspect of the game, as well as keeping himself in the best shape possible.

“For me it’s about improving on everything, especially the little things,” said Adams. “I need to be on top of all of my assignments from day one and being physically ready. Now I have an idea of what is going on and what to expect and I am really looking forward to it.”

READ MORE: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Adams-sets-his-sights-high/6339bc3b-ecc4-4e32-9e45-11b9434200bf

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 pm

yep... imo big mike going be a very good RT
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

I hope he can stay healthy actually I hope the whole Oline can stay healthy

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 am

effyou515 wrote:
yep... imo big mike going be a very good RT
This.

fer69 wrote:
I hope he can stay healthy actually I hope the whole Oline can stay healthy
And this.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 am

If Gilbert,Pouncey,Adams andDecastro can stay healthy along with one other lineman then we could have one of the best lines in the league which is unheard of for the Steelers. I would love to have chance warmack from Alabama but I think we need to address the defense side of the ball this year.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am

if Warmack was still on the board at 17 i'd take him.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am

effyou515 wrote:
if Warmack was still on the board at 17 i'd take him.

In a heart beat

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:17 am

I would love to see an offensive line that is once again dominant in the run as well as pass protection.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Adams sets his sights high 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams sets his sights high   Adams sets his sights high Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams sets his sights high
Page 1 of 1