Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Go down 
+13
steelerdude15
Bays
solardave
Drizztbob
vasteeler
Lady Steel
fer69
Galax Steeler
JonM229
effyou515
Gotassman
stlrtruck
Wallace108
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I guess we will find out Tuesday who the taker is but that sure is alot of money.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Well, a lot of people we're skeptical of Wallace's "Fitz money" rumors, but the number 13 Million a year is floating around, and considering Wallace turned down a 10 million dollar offer from the Steelers, Fitz money is probably more of a reality than a rumor.

Here's what Dan Pompei said:

And Wallace is likely to be highly overpaid. Those who should know speculate his new deal will average more than $13 million per season

That figure is just speculation by those familiar with the free-agent market. They're speculating what Wallace's value is and what he will get. Of course he's going to get as much as he can on the free-agent market. If a team like the Dolphins offers him $13 million because they feel that's his current market price and that's what it takes to get him, that doesn't mean that he was demanding $13 million from the Steelers last season. There are rumors that he's seeking $12 million. There were earlier rumors that he was seeking $11 million from the Steelers. Basically, nobody knows what he was seeking last year, although it's safe to bet it was somewhere around the $11 million that was reported earlier. No matter what a team decides to pay him now, it isn't proof that that figure is what he asked from the Steelers last season.

But regardless of what he's asking and what he ends up getting, I certainly wouldn't pay him $13 million, $12 million, or even $11 million per year.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:37 pm

If the Steelers offered him $10 million a year, and he had his mind set on $11 million, or even $12 million, and THAT is why contract negotiations went south, it's hard for me to believe that he EVER had ANY intentions of resigning with us to begin with.

Just like Lebron and Miami, the decision was already made.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm

bayz101 wrote:
If the Steelers offered him $10 million a year, and he had his mind set on $11 million, or even $12 million, and THAT is why contract negotiations went south, it's hard for me to believe that he EVER had ANY intentions of resigning with us to begin with.

Just like Lebron and Miami, the decision was already made.
You could be right. You could be wrong. We'll probably never know. All we can do is form our opinions based on what we know (and the rumors that we hear). The bottom line is that the NFL is a business. The Steelers are going to do what they believe is in their best interest, and Wallace is going to do what he believes is in his best interest. The business of the NFL sucks for fans, but that's the way it is.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Wallace was actually in Miami this past weekend with the Dolphins courting him around, trying to get him to sign. They're trying hard big time.

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala

Told Mike Wallace is getting his physical in Miami right now. If all goes well, signs point to him signing today.

Turn your head and cough.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @OmarKelly: I'm told Mike Wallace will be paid $13M a season by the Dolphins.

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot

Wallace likely to get $30 M guaranteed with Dolphins per @NFLNetwork #steelers

5 yrs/65 mil for wallace to miami

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:41 pm

65 mil? Wow!!! Don't even know what to say Shocked

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

stupid dolphins

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Crap! Now what are we going to talk about next season? Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 294855916

Seriously though, the Dolphins are crazy for giving Wallace that kind of money, especially coming off the kind of season he did last year. Oh well. Wallace got what he wanted, and the Steelers will move on as they always do.

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Wow, that is an insane amount of money for a "good" receiver. While I think he's deserves a nice contract, nothing that big. Who knows, maybe he'll play much better than he did last year and be a playmaker. I wish Mike the best of luck.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

The only thing I can say is they better resign jake long or else Wallace won't be a factor

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Just goes to show: You can hold out, do nothing for a team all year, leave the team in the dust and get paid more than the average QB at a new team. What kind of precedent is that?

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 pm

He gone. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:02 am

So with this deal done, I wonder how soon before they bring Breaston back in.

While the STeelers did sign Burress, I believe the Steelers still need a more reliable WR.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm glad he is gone and still pissed at him for all the dropped passes and his hold out for the ca$h. Dolphins were on a new level of suck this past year and my bet is that he is not going to help them either. (Got my ticket for the Wallace hate train) Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 2625562446

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Kornbread wrote:
I'm glad he is gone and still pissed at him for all the dropped passes and his hold out for the ca$h. Dolphins were on a new level of suck this past year and my bet is that he is not going to help them either. (Got my ticket for the Wallace hate train) Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 2625562446
That train has left the station. Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Kornbread wrote:
That train has left the station. Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 1664291743

Left the station?

You do realize we'll be bitching everytime he catches a 60 yard bomb for a touchdown. Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 3798349058

Luckily, based on last years Wallace, that'll be once every three or four games.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:31 am

For real guys?

Wallace is a great receiver and the Steelers would be more than happy to have him. Just another example of a stellar player leaving the Steelers for another team after the Steelers do the "training". That seems to be the pattern lately.....train 'em so that other teams teams can reap the rewards.

We should be crying in our beer. Who are the Steelers going to get to replace him. Breaston? Seriously? Some snot nose rookie out of the draft to be trained and then released for another team. Did they manage to snag Wes Welker?

Sure Wallace got a lot of money. Good for him. The way the Steelers treated him last year, I don't blame him one little bit for making an exit as fast as he could. In fact, me thinks he would have signed with another team, any team for even less money. Any team but the Steelers. Just another example of the way the Steelers have been handling player negotiations the past couple years.

Chris Rainey, Mendenhall, Wallace, anyone see a pattern here? I guess if the players don't kiss the Rooney flag every day when they enter the building, they are out the door. "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" ya sure?
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Yup, I'm sure.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:47 pm

I understand what you're saying, G-man. But I have to disagree with several points.

Gotassman wrote:
Wallace is a great receiver and the Steelers would be more than happy to have him. Just another example of a stellar player leaving the Steelers for another team after the Steelers do the "training". That seems to be the pattern lately.....train 'em so that other teams teams can reap the rewards.
In the era of free agency, how many players have left the Steelers and went on to have great careers with other teams? Not many.

Gotassman wrote:
Sure Wallace got a lot of money. Good for him. The way the Steelers treated him last year, I don't blame him one little bit for making an exit as fast as he could. In fact, me thinks he would have signed with another team, any team for even less money. Any team but the Steelers. Just another example of the way the Steelers have been handling player negotiations the past couple years.
Even if the Steelers could have afforded to pay Wallace $13 million per season, which they couldn't, there's no way they'd invest that much money in a receiver. They reportedly offered him $10 million, which was a fair amount. He turned it down because he felt he could get more, which he did. The NFL is a business, and it goes both ways. Both Wallace and the Steelers did what they felt were in their best interests. Wallace was a tremendous deep threat, and they're not going to replace his speed and big-play ability. But they can certainly replace his production. At the end of the day, production is what matters. Sanders can't replace Wallace's big-play ability, but he can replace his production. Hines Ward wasn't a big-play threat, but I'd say he was pretty productive.

Gotassman wrote:
Chris Rainey, Mendenhall, Wallace, anyone see a pattern here? I guess if the players don't kiss the Rooney flag every day when they enter the building, they are out the door. "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" ya sure?
Yes, there's a pattern. Three players who cared more about themselves than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
I defended Wallace all season long when I felt fans were attacking him unfairly. But at the end of the day, the Steelers made him a fair offer, and he turned it down.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Gotassman wrote:
Yes, there's a pattern. Three players who cared more about themselves than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
I defended Wallace all season long when I felt fans were attacking him unfairly. But at the end of the day, the Steelers made him a fair offer, and he turned it down.

That right there says it all. The Steelers have never kept a player who thought they were better than the entirety of the team. I honestly believe that this cleaning of house is just the ramifications of having a team together too long (given the salary cap era) and making several runs at the Super Bowl (as of late).

As for the 3 that G-A-Man mentioned here's my take:
Rainey: expendable due to his lack of production

Mendenhall: was never really the same after his knee problem. While he had a few good games, he still wasn't the same back that the Steelers needed. With Dwyer and Redman more than able to handle the load we didn't need Mendenhall. Personally I'm happy to see him gone. Now I feel we can find a good rookie draft pick to take up the slack and bring us back to a solid ground game that has been missing for some time now.

Wallace: yes he was a threat but it was clear that his intentions were more about getting paid instead of winning. Noticed by his arrival in Miami where they won't put together a good team for another 3-5 years if they're lucky, and that'll be just about the time his contract runs out.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 pm

I've said it once and I'll say it again, selfish players don't work out for this team. And ultimately it shows in our win loss column. Last year it was all about me me me, and that was evident by the locker room talk and the bickering over MONEY. This year its about shut up and produce, or cya later.

The moves they have made thus far this year shows you that EVERYONE is expendable, salary cap aside. Some of these moves were, let's be honest, for questionable personality conflicts. Mendy (FB fiasco and not showing up to a game), Wallace (bitching, and holding out this year for contract), Lewis (him bitching in that interview about not getting his due), Rainey (pimp slapping his gf), Harrison (not wanting to take a pay cut, and constant issues with NFL brass), etc etc.

Character means just as much to the Rooneys as talent does.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Drizztbob wrote:

Alameda Ta'amu approves this message. Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

Alameda Ta'amu approves this message. Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 2981382511
Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 1647293567

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:06 am

UGH! Mendy is gone and Lewis????

OMG! I've had my had in biology for the past month.........and I come home to THIS!!!

Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target   Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next