Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now

Go down 
+2
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Former Woodland Hills High School and University of Michigan standout Steve Breaston could end up in a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform.

David Graves, Breaston’s agent – who is also his brother – told 93-7 The Fan’s Colin Dunlap on Wednesday:

“He is currently exploring all his options and we can’t really comment further on the situation. I can say that there is some mutual interest in joining several teams at this time and the Steelers are one of those teams. Steve doesn’t want to be a distraction at this point to any potential situations and we aren’t interested in commenting further.”

Breaston, 29, was cut by the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/02/20/agent-mutual-interest-between-breaston-steelers/
First Todd Haley and Leonard Pope, and now possibly Steve Breaston. Who are we ... Arizona East? UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 2981382511

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Former Woodland Hills High School and University of Michigan standout Steve Breaston could end up in a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform.

David Graves, Breaston’s agent – who is also his brother – told 93-7 The Fan’s Colin Dunlap on Wednesday:

“He is currently exploring all his options and we can’t really comment further on the situation. I can say that there is some mutual interest in joining several teams at this time and the Steelers are one of those teams. Steve doesn’t want to be a distraction at this point to any potential situations and we aren’t interested in commenting further.”

Breaston, 29, was cut by the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/02/20/agent-mutual-interest-between-breaston-steelers/
First Todd Haley and Leonard Pope, and now possibly Steve Breaston. Who are we ... Arizona East? UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 2981382511

It sounds like it but I think Breaston could come at a decent price and that is what we need considering the position we are in this year.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 am

If we get him, does that mean that Cotch is gone? Or can we afford both UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:36 pm

fer69 wrote:
If we get him, does that mean that Cotch is gone? Or can we afford both UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 2913999526
Essentially, Breaston would replace Wallace. Plax would be the odd man out if it came down to having to get rid of a receiver (if they even planned on bringing him back).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gotassman
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Quote:

Breaston was brought to Kansas City by Todd Haley, but his production fell off a cliff in 2011. Breaston could barely get on the field last year after totaling 785 yards in 2011.

There should be a role for Breaston, 30, as a slot man somewhere. But he was due almost $4 million in 2013.

And this quote:

If Breaston's price tag will be less than 4 million after last year's production, I could see the Chiefs re-signing him. Reid probably liked him but didn't think he was worth 4 million towards the cap.

Do Steelers really need or want this guy (except for Todd Haley)?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Quote :
Steelers meeting today with Breaston’s agent

Posted by Mike Florio

Among the many instances of illegal tampering that are occurring brazenly in Indianapolis are plenty of legitimate meetings.

When it comes to former Chiefs receiver Steve Breaston, he’s fair game for phone calls and emails and face-to-face conversations, since the Chiefs terminated his contract earlier this week.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Breaston’s agent will meet Sunday with Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert.

The connection is obvious. Breaston played for Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley in Arizona, before joining Haley in Kansas City, after Haley was hired as the head coach there.

The added benefit is that Breaston grew up in North Braddock, Pennsylvania, located roughly 15 minutes to the east of Pittsburgh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/24/steelers-meeting-today-with-breastons-agent/

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 am

I say bring him in and give him a shot if the price is right.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:38 pm

If we can get this guy I don't think we would have to get a WR in the first 3/4 rounds. Our first 3 picks should be on D in no particular order ILB,S,OLB then we can get a WR or a TE or both IMO
I'm good UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 131212936

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 am

fer69 wrote:
If we can get this guy I don't think we would have to get a WR in the first 3/4 rounds. Our first 3 picks should be on D in no particular order ILB,S,OLB then we can get a WR or a TE or both IMO
I'm good UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 131212936

Fer you have it all figured out UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
I say bring him in and give him a shot if the price is right.

I agree Galax. I believe his production fell off because of who his QB was, not because of himself. I could be wrong.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 am

Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now
March 1, 2013 4:20 pm
Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have decided to pass on signing veteran wide receiver Steve Breaston, at least for now.

Breaston, cut by the Kansas City Chiefs last week, visited the Steelers on Thursday and was given a physical by them. A source said they will not try to sign him now but may do so later if he remains available.

Breaston, who played at Woodland Hills High School, also visited the Cleveland Browns this week. Dallas and Detroit also were reportedly interested in him.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-pass-on-breaston-for-now-677453/#ixzz2MNqk2zub

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I understand why they went through all the motions just to say, "Meh, maybe later." Is it a money issue? If so, they knew their situation before they brought him in. I don't know .... just seems odd to go through all that if they didn't plan on trying to sign him. Unless he said something that turned them off or something. UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now 2087824411

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

I have a feeling the Steelers will end up picking Breaston up later in the offseason. I know that Wallace will be gone and I'm sure Plax won't be back. I could Antonio, Manny, Cotch, Breaston, and a receiver being drafted this year as the WR corp.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now   UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Steelers pass on Breaston -- for now
Page 1 of 1