Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA Batch full of success Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A Batch full of success

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

A Batch full of success Empty
PostSubject: A Batch full of success   A Batch full of success EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Quote :
By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

First, longtime offensive coordinator Bruce Arians was gone after the 2011 season, pushed out by Steelers president Art Rooney II. Now, backup quarterback Charlie Batch is gone, too, finished after 11 seasons with his hometown Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger isn't quite sure what to expect when the team gathers later this spring for offseason workouts. Batch was with him in the quarterbacks meeting room every day since Roethlisberger joined the Steelers as a No. 1 draft choice in 2004.

"It's definitely not going to be the same," Roethlisberger said. "Charlie and I always sat next to each other. I'm going to miss the laughs and the talks that we had. I owe so much to him."

Roethlisberger was quick to interrupt his round of golf Sunday in Georgia and jump on the telephone to pay tribute to Batch, who became expendable when the Steelers selected Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones Saturday in the fourth round of the NFL draft. Veteran Bruce Gradkowski, who was signed as a free agent in March, will be the team's other quarterback.

"I feel like I could go on for hours about Charlie," Roethlisberger said. "He meant so much to me. I told him numerous times, 'You made me what I am today.' From on the field to off the field, as a quarterback and as a man. He truly is one of the best guys I've ever been around."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/ron-cook-a-batch-full-of-success-685435/#ixzz2Ru2h0wli

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: A Batch full of success   A Batch full of success EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Sad to see him go. A hell of a guy on and off the field

Fire Tomlin... Hire Batch!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: A Batch full of success   A Batch full of success EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:45 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Batch as a QB coach...preferably with the Steelers.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION A Batch full of success 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Batch full of success   A Batch full of success Empty

Back to top Go down

A Batch full of success
Page 1 of 1