Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal Empty
PostSubject: Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal   Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:29 am

By Ralph N. Paulk

When things began to unravel at Penn State amid the child sex abuse scandal involving former football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, several players considered transferring to salvage their college careers.

For wide receiver Justin Brown, it was a difficult decision to leave the Nittany Lions. It was a program he envisioned being a part of during his entire time at Concord High School in Wilmington, Del.

The Steelers' sixth-round draft pick, who will take part in the first full-team workout of the offseason Tuesday at the team's South Side facility, opted to transfer to Oklahoma, mostly because the Sooners offered him an opportunity to showcase his skills. It didn't take long for quarterback Landry Jones, the Steelers' fourth-round pick this spring, to make him his go-to target.

“When everything broke at Penn State, Oklahoma was one of the first schools to contact me,” said Brown, a native of Cheltenham. “I didn't really entertain any other offers. When Oklahoma called, I thought it would be a benefit for me to make that move.”

Brown considered staying at Penn State, but the scandal coupled with the uncertainty of an impending coaching change influenced his decision.

“Everything that happened at Penn State surprised everyone,” he said. “Nobody saw it coming.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3972662-74/brown-penn-state#ixzz2ToOY5Aup

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
Page 1 of 1