Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger likes the revamped offense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense   Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:53 am

Quote :
By Alan Robinson

Ben Roethlisberger didn't entirely like the offense, its nuances and terminology. Neither did some of the assistant coaches. Most of all, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley didn't totally like it, either.

So, after the Steelers tumbled into the bottom third of the NFL in offensive production last season, Haley went about reworking the system he brought with him to Pittsburgh following nearly three seasons as the Kansas City Chiefs' head coach.

The Steelers officially began practicing that reworked offense as they went through the first of 13 team practices Tuesday, and Roethlisberger said everyone involved likes this package better.

The quarterback did not disclose the changes or even hint at them —“You'll have to wait until the first game,” he said — but it was obvious he seemed more comfortable with the offense than he did at any time last season.

“There's been some changes this offseason in some of the offensive philosophies, playbook and some things that I think are good,” Roethlisberger said as he began his 10th season with the team. “It's some compromise from all the different position coaches, the running back coaches, the line, and quarterback coaches. I think we've taken a little bit of everything and made it a lot better.”

He added, “You can ask anybody on offense that, including coaches, and they'll tell you that we all like the way the offense is and where it's going.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4053516-74/offense-roethlisberger-steelers#ixzz2TzgYkW6e

Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense 1647293567

Does everyone remember what Ben was saying this time last year? The things he's been saying this offseason are 100 percent positive. He's setting the tone for the rest of the team. And unlike last season, it's a positive tone. Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense   Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:12 am

I won't go into a rant about BA but the difference I see is that Haley can change something that didn't work. That's a positive we're not used to seeing. Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense   Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:44 am

solardave wrote:
I won't go into a rant about BA but the difference I see is that Haley can change something that didn't work. That's a positive we're not used to seeing. Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense 1647293567
I thought the same thing. It's refreshing to have an OC who doesn't think that his offense is perfect and the only reason it isn't working is because the players are failing to execute.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense   Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
Page 1 of 1