Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWay-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers   Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 am

Pat Kirwan
NFL Insider

June is always a time to reflect and speculate when it comes to the NFL. I was recently asked who I like for the conference championship games and the Super Bowl this season.

It's a little early for an answer, but why not. It's a question that is pure speculation and almost impossible to be answered before summer camp visits with all the teams, a look at the final rosters, consideration for all the medical issues that may pop up between now and late January and, of course, the schedule.

Nonetheless I decided to go out on a limb and pick my four teams in the conference championship games and the inevitable winners of those two games as well as the eventual winner of the 2014 Super Bowl. It is tongue-in-cheek at this point, but this is how I feel today.

At the NFC Championship, which I forecast being played in Green Bay, the Packers play the Atlanta Falcons and defeat them 30-27.

In the AFC a lot of people like the Denver Broncos to get to the AFC championship game and I'm one of them. Peyton Manning has trained his talented young receivers and is ready to build on the 13-3 record from 2012. The loss of DE/LB Elvis Dummervil is an issue, but they can overcome it with Shaun Phillips and his 24 sacks in his last 40 games.

Peyton is 3-2 all-time vs. the team I believe he will face in the championship game, and he averages 38 pass plays a game against this opponent. The team looking to knock off the Broncos should not be the Patriots* or Ravens but rather the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pittsburgh is coming off an 8-8 season and someone mistakenly ranked Ben Roethlisberger 67th on the NFL top 100 list. Bill Cowher warned me that the poor top-100 ranking will motivate Big Ben this season. He was also quick to point out that Roethlisberger was on his way to a great season before being injured.

If the Broncos don't get to Roethlisberger at least three times to sack him they'll be in trouble. Big Ben is 54-14 when sacked two times or less. On the other hand, Big Ben played his last playoff game in Denver and lost to a Tim Tebow-led Bronco team when he completed just 55 percent of his passes, throwing one TD and getting sacked five times.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22380399/waytooearly-picks-for-final-four-packersfalcons-broncossteelers

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers   Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 am

I mean, it could very well happen. Only time will tell.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers   Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
I mean, it could very well happen. Only time will tell.
If we end up playing Denver, I hope the game is in Pittsburgh.

Ryan Clark approves this message.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers   Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Way-too-early picks for final four: Packers-Falcons, Broncos-Steelers
Page 1 of 1