Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMalecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease Empty
PostSubject: Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease   Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:28 am

Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease Steel1_420

By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

He has gushed over getting a follow on Twitter from a local radio personality, referred to NBC hockey analysts as "jags" and posted pictures of his favorite pregame beverage before a Penguins playoff game.

Snagged up some Turner tea to get my #yinz on for the game tonight. It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh!
Just another "yinzer" with a Twitter account.

Only John Malecki isn't just another yinzer. This 6-foot-2, 300-pound Murrysville native plays offensive line for the Steelers.

"You don't really realize it when you're in the city," said Malecki, a Franklin Regional High School and Pitt graduate. "When you go other places, they say, 'What is that accent? What is that yinz word you say?' I got a couple of friends on other teams I played for and they say I'm the worst yinzer ever. I'm like, dude, you have no idea."

When he's not entertaining on Twitter -- with his #yinz and #yinzer hashtags -- Malecki is busy with his day job on the South Side, where he is trying to establish himself as an NFL player after three seasons on practice squads in Tampa Bay and Washington, in addition to the Steelers.

This is an important summer for Malecki. Under NFL rules, he has exhausted his practice squad eligibility and must make the 53-man roster out of training camp. If not, he'll be released and his spot will be taken by a younger player.

"This year is a make or break year," said Malecki, 25, who is attempting to make the team as a versatile interior lineman. "I don't have any p-squad eligibility left. I'm kind of using it as a motivational thing now. My mindset is I have to go out and make this team. I don't have any opportunities to be put on the back burner. I understand how the business works. I've been around long enough now. I just have to keep my head up and keep working."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/malecki-fits-in-on-line-with-pittsburgh-ease-691733/#ixzz2WGPlXRTW

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Malecki fits in on line with Pittsburgh ease
Page 1 of 1