Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThis fits Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

This fits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

This fits Empty
PostSubject: This fits   This fits EmptyThu May 20, 2021 5:55 am

https://www.steelers.com/news/lebeau-to-be-polamalu-s-hof-presenter
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyThu May 20, 2021 3:59 pm

glad to see Dick Lebeau is the guy to put Troy Polamalu's in the HOF, Dick won't have to drive far. This fits 1797695198

Polamalu was the perfect safety for the back end of his defense and l dislike that Polamalu had to get old he was one of my favorite players of that era defense. Troy had that 6th sense, feel, could see where the ball play was going and the great athletic ability to get there very very rare a football player has that type of minds eye and athletic combo if l'm making sense to you.

if the Steelers were going to retire another number l'd like it to be #43.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyFri May 21, 2021 6:09 am

effyou515 wrote:
glad to see Dick Lebeau is the guy to put Troy Polamalu's in the HOF, Dick won't have to drive far. This fits 1797695198

Polamalu was the perfect safety for the back end of his defense and l dislike that Polamalu had to get old he was one of my favorite players of that era defense. Troy had that 6th sense, feel, could see where the ball play was going and the great athletic ability to get there very very rare a football player has that type of minds eye and athletic combo if l'm making sense to you.

I agree. I forget sometimes just how good Troy was until I watch an old game. What irritates me is a lot of people have him below Ed Reed on the ranking for best ever. Don't get me wrong. Reed was great but not as great as Troy was. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. This fits 1647293567
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 7:09 pm

Can't wait to hear that presentation

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 am

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I agree. I forget sometimes just how good Troy was until I watch an old game. What irritates me is a lot of people have him below Ed Reed on the ranking for best ever. Don't get me wrong. Reed was great but not as great as Troy was. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. This fits 1647293567

The Ed Reed and Polamalu comparisons, I never got that. Polamalu was much more of a wild card, a guy with an insane ability to predict things, and a crazy football IQ. Ed Reed had some of those same attributes and he was a ball hawker, but if you gave me the choice of either one in their prime I'd take Troy every time. Defensive coordinators had to gameplan around Polamalu. They never knew what he was going to do, he was so good that he was basically allowed to do what he wanted to do on the football field. How many other guys do you see that are on that level?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

The Ed Reed and Polamalu comparisons, I never got that. Polamalu was much more of a wild card, a guy with an insane ability to predict things, and a crazy football IQ. Ed Reed had some of those same attributes and he was a ball hawker, but if you gave me the choice of either one in their prime I'd take Troy every time. Defensive coordinators had to gameplan around Polamalu. They never knew what he was going to do, he was so good that he was basically allowed to do what he wanted to do on the football field. How many other guys do you see that are on that level?

Exactly.Not to take anything away from Reed he is a HOFer for sure but I'm a homer and Troy wins. Could you imagine having both of them lined up for us. Talk about a nightmare for opposing QBs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 1:51 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

not to mention ed was a free safety and troy was a strong safety. trying to compare them is like comparing james harrison and james farrior. now if you wanna compare the impact they had on their defenses , thats another story.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 3:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

not to mention ed was a free safety and troy was a strong safety. trying to compare them is like comparing james harrison and james farrior. now if you wanna compare the impact they had on their defenses , thats another story.
At least Farrior didn't go play for the Cheatriots. This fits 3798349058

effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This fits Empty
PostSubject: Re: This fits   This fits Empty

Back to top Go down

This fits
Page 1 of 1