Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Preview: What class are these rookies in? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Preview: What class are these rookies in?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Preview: What class are these rookies in? Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Preview: What class are these rookies in?   Steelers Preview: What class are these rookies in? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:51 am

Quote :
By Ron Musselman

PITTSBURGH – Linebacker Jarvis Jones was one of the draft picks who made Steelers coach Mike Tomlin smile a lot during training camp and the preseason.

Jones, the team’s No. 1 pick from Georgia, showed a knack for being around the football before suffering a bruised chest in the third preseason game. He was treated at the hospital and released, but sat out the final preseason game as a precaution.

Prior to that, he had seven tackles, forced a fumble, recovered another and pounced on a loose ball after Shaun Suisham’s 52-yard field goal was blocked.

Jones (6-foot-2, 245 pounds) plans to take the same big-play approach in the regular-season opener Sunday against the Titans.

“I understand the standard to which we play around here,” said Jones, who has been battling starter Jason Worilds for playing time at right outside linebacker. “I understand what our coaches and my teammates ask of me.

“I think I’m a bit more mature now that I have played in three games and understand what kind of tempo and what kind of mentality that I need to have to play this game.

“I think my teammates and my coaches do a great job of preparing us, and I’ll be ready.”

Veteran defensive end Brett Keisel said he is expecting big things from the Steelers’ rookie class.

“They’ve been impressive,” he said. “Wheaton’s been impressive. Jarvis has been impressive. Le’Veon has been tough (when he’s been healthy). We’ve got to have some young guys come in and step up and play football the way we play ball. Those guys have looked good.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-preview-what-class-are-these-rookies-in/article_7f9b7d48-cb2f-5fa1-94d8-fed8ab1b513e.html
It's way too early to start judging this draft class, but so far so good. Three or four of them have the potential to be really good. But we won't know for a few years.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Steelers Preview: What class are these rookies in?
Page 1 of 1