Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSix Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling Empty
PostSubject: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:02 pm

By steeldad

Front and center in the ugliness that has been the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2014 season is yet another class of rookies that are struggling. General Manager Kevin Colbert has gone from being under the microscope over recently failed drafts to being under the collective fist of Steeler Nation.

Here’s the update on the this year’s group of draft picks.

1st Round – Ryan Shazier, LB – With almost everyone expecting the Steelers to select a defensive back, they stunned many by taking the speedy linebacker from Ohio State. Shazier awed many in training camp with his speed and agility and showed that in preseason games. He has missed the last two plus games however with a knee injury but could return Monday night.

READ MORE:  www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/10/15/six-weeks-steelers-rookies-struggling/

Last edited by SteelersYak on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 pm

I would like to see more of Tuitt (and not just because I'm an ND fan).

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:47 pm

I can't disagree with anything said.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 pm

The only point I'd like to make is that this team had a lot of success with the current list of 'aged' veterans. The problem now is that it's difficult to replace those veterans with rookies who can fill the void left by players not-signed/signed elsewhere/retired all in one draft.

I'm not upset with the Shazier pick, everyone knew our LB corp was getting old too.

Did we need a DB, yes, but didn't we also have a need on the defensive line?

Hell, this past year, I'm sure we needed help elsewhere except RB, and WR. Yes, I'll say it, our QB corp needs help too. If Ben goes down, we're screwed...did I mention SCREWED?

How do you cover all the bases in one draft? Can you? Maybe you make an astonishing trade but are you robbing Peter to pay Paul? And to what degree do you sabotage the future of your organization for the here and now?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:50 pm

That's a tough one, truck. We do have an aging team and I thought Woodley would be a solid replacement but he is gone. Ziggy Hood, same thing.

I think we have to try and develop the talent we have.

PostSubject: Re: Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling   Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling Empty

Back to top Go down

Six Weeks in and the Steelers Rookies are Struggling
Page 1 of 1