Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeToo Early To Dismiss Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Too Early To Dismiss Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Too Early To Dismiss Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Too Early To Dismiss Steelers   Too Early To Dismiss Steelers EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:19 pm

This actually comes from enemy territory ...

Quote :
By John Eisenberg
BaltimoreRavens.com Columnist

The Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-3, and the last time that happened, in 2000, the Ravens won the Super Bowl – a clever little coincidence the Ravens would love to see reprised.

But consider this: After losing their first three games in 2000, the Steelers went 9-4 the rest of the year to finish with a winning record.

I bring it up to discourage anyone from summarily dismissing the Steelers in 2013 even though they’ve looked about as awful as a team can look.

They’ve turned the ball over repeatedly and yielded all sorts of big plays. They lack offensive playmakers. It’s hard to envision them turning things around.

But they still have a strong organization the Ravens have patterned themselves after, one that never panics and sticks to its principles. They also have Ben Roethlisberger, one of the game’s best quarterbacks. Yes, he has played pretty poorly so far, but he has been too resilient and clutch in his career to be written off. Ahem, he threw for over 400 yards last week.

It’s too soon to dismiss the Steelers.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Time-To-Move-On-From-Overkilled-Topic-/0d564349-aa19-4323-a650-c4c76a5d18c4
As Eisenberg points out, the Steelers started 0-3 in 2000. There was no talk of firing Tomlin at the time, mainly because Tomlin wasn't the coach then. There was, however, plenty of talk about firing Bill Cowher. The Steelers finished with a 7-9 record in 1998. They followed that up with a 6-10 record in 1999. And then started off 0-3 in 2000. Then they went on a 5-game winning streak and eventually finished the season at 9-7, their first winning record in 3 years. The next season they went 13-3. A few years later they won the Super Bowl and Cowher was a god again.

Moral of the story: It's OK to be concerned about the Steelers and complain a little, but never panic and hope for drastic changes.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Too Early To Dismiss Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Early To Dismiss Steelers   Too Early To Dismiss Steelers EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:27 am

I'm not sure I am ready to storm the castle with torches and pitchforks for Tomlin yet...but Haley?? Pass me a shovel.

Too Early To Dismiss Steelers
Page 1 of 1