Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:13 pm

As usual, I'll add more later, but here's a start ...

GAME BALLS
Suisham. He's been great all season and even going back to last season. Right now, I'd vote him MVP of the team by default.

A. Brown. He didn't have the kind of monster game he did last week, but you can't expect that kind of game every week. Without a doubt, he was our best player on offense once again. He has established himself as a No. 1 receiver.

Bell. The rookie scored 2 TDs in his first game and ran the ball well. I didn't see any dancing in the backfield ... just hard running.

GOATS
Big Ben. For the second week in a row, he made some great plays but his turnovers were costly.

Mike Adams. Up to this point, I haven't been on the "Mike Adams sucks" bandwagon. I'm on it now.

Defense. Yep, I'm giving a Goat to the entire defense. They got no pressure on Cassel all game, and they need to get back to the basics, like tackling. And a turnover certainly wouldn't hurt.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Mike Adams was individually responsible for 4 of the 6 sacks.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Mike Adams was individually responsible for 4 of the 6 sacks.
I'm really not sure how you overlook a Pro Bowl defensive end who is lined up right across from you, and you have no one on your left side who could possibly pick him up. Where, exactly, is the confusion there? But somehow, Adams got confused and allowed Allen to run right by him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Goats:
Ben
Adams
Defense

Gameball:
Brown
Bell
Suisham

This game was disappointing. To give up long pass plays the way we did today, and to not take advantage of the broken secondary the Vikings had is unacceptable. The o-line is bad enough but Ben throwing an easy pick and taking the sack in the final seconds is just part of the offensive unit this year.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 am

I agree with everyone's assessment. This defense just constantly leaves me scratching my head. Even the fumble we forced turned out to be a good thing for the Vikings. Ike almost had 2 picks but those didn't work out. Seemed like Cassel had time to make some smores in the pocket as we just don't get any penetration.

Brown and Bell show a lot of promise. Brown has left me saying "Wallace who?"

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:37 am

Sanders also gets to be a goat for the little temper tantrum he threw on the interception. I don't know if it was an error on him or Ben, but imagine if he was the only player with a chance to tackle him? Can't act like a kid in a school yard on that.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Vikings)
Page 1 of 1