Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHas lack of turnovers hurt tackling? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Has lack of turnovers hurt tackling?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Has lack of turnovers hurt tackling? Empty
PostSubject: Has lack of turnovers hurt tackling?   Has lack of turnovers hurt tackling? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 am

During the last two or three games, the Steelers defense missed a lot of tackles. I saw this comment on one of Ed Bouchette's blog posts, and the commenter might be on to something:

Quote :
At times it looks like they are trying to make the big play instead of making a sure tackle. Back to fundamentals would be nice.
There was a play, during the Bears game I believe, where William Gay tried to chop at the ball and didn't even come close to making the tackle. I remember seeing another Steelers defender (can't remember who) doing the same thing. All we've heard about for a while now is the defense's inability to create turnovers. Is it possible that they've become so obsessed with trying to strip the ball and get a turnover that it has caused their tackling to suffer?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Has lack of turnovers hurt tackling?
Page 1 of 1