Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAs It Stands...  - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

As It Stands...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

As It Stands...  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
If we get to the playoffs I will spray paint a Steelers logo on my chest and run down my street naked chanting "Here We Go".

I think you should have to record it too!  As It Stands...  - Page 3 1647293567   As It Stands...  - Page 3 3562723908 

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION As It Stands...  - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Done.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 pm

The one game that really doesn't look good for us is Chiefs-Chargers. The Chiefs are locked into the 5th seed and have nothing to play for. But we shall see.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:25 pm

The Chiefs have been struggling as of late, and the one thing, I believe, any team heading to the playoffs wants to go in with is a victory over a rival. Let alone knowing that if they win, they could potentially knock the Chargers out of the playoffs - that alone is something to play for.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The Chiefs have been struggling as of late, and the one thing, I believe, any team heading to the playoffs wants to go in with is a victory over a rival.  Let alone knowing that if they win, they could potentially knock the Chargers out of the playoffs - that alone is something to play for.

I think you're thinking like a fan and not a coach, Truck. The only thing the Chiefs are concerned about is being fresh and healthy heading into the playoffs. They don't care about knocking the Chargers out of the race.

More or less, this is going to be like a preseason game for the Chiefs. All that we can hope for is that Chase Daniel and other backups have the game of their lives, or the Chargers beat themselves with mistakes.

Quote :
Chiefs’ Reid to ‘mix and match’ players against Chargers

By Randy Covitz

Like someone selecting a wardrobe, Chiefs coach Andy Reid laid out his plans Tuesday for Sunday’s game at San Diego.

“We’ll mix and match,” Reid said of how he’ll blend a combination of starters and reserves in a regular-season finale that will have no bearing on the Chiefs’ No. 5 seed in the upcoming NFL playoffs.

“I’m going to work some guys in,” Reid said. “Most of them have already worked in. … I talked to the team, and I will have it figured out by the end of the week exactly how I’m going to work it.”

Translated, that means the Chiefs, 11-4, likely will approach this game against San Diego, 8-7, much like Reid did four times in Philadelphia when his Eagles’ teams were locked into playoff positions going into a final week, the same way most teams approach a final preseason game.

He’ll give the starters a series or two and then go to the backups. Unlike in the preseason, a team with 53 players on the active roster can’t rest everyone. But don’t expect to see much of quarterback Alex Smith, running back Jamaal Charles or outside linebacker Tamba Hali, who did not practice Tuesday because of a swollen knee.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/24/4712392/chiefs-reid-to-mix-and-match-players.html#storylink=cpy

But hey ... stranger things have happened.  As It Stands...  - Page 3 792589548 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 4:15 pm

If I were a coach, I'd want to two things on Sunday:
A) End the season with a victory
B) Knock my rival out of the playoffs

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:59 am

This is accurate. Beyond an actual matchup situation, (concern if the jets can beat Miami) I fear that KC will not be able to topple the Chargers without their starters.

But none of this matters if we cannot take care of business against the brownthumbs. Win our game, and let the chips fall where they may.

At least we have something to root for in week 17, and after our first 6 games, I didnt that was going to be possible, sooooo:

As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358  As It Stands...  - Page 3 1647293567 

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm

As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358 

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
If we get to the playoffs I will spray paint a Steelers logo on my chest and run down my street naked chanting "Here We Go".

As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358

stlrtruck wrote:
I think you should have to record it too! As It Stands...  - Page 3 1647293567 As It Stands...  - Page 3 3562723908

As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358 As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358

Drizztbob wrote:
Done.

As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358 As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358 As It Stands...  - Page 3 2893009358 

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Well Drizz saved by the faulty foot of Succoop.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Ah hell ... Drizz dodged the bullet.  As It Stands...  - Page 3 3201610882 

I'm disappointed but not really upset because we shouldn't have even had a chance coming into today. The fact that we were still alive and had a damn good shot at getting in is more than I could have expected a few weeks ago. As a Steelers fan and a football fan in general, I had a lot of fun today. That's what it's all about.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I would have gladly done naked helicopters up and down my street if succshit would have hit that field goal. Hell, I bought black and yellow paint today as a joke! I had my wife go into the garage and get it while he was lining up for that field goal. For some reason, I knew he would miss it. As soon as I saw the 3 straight pussy running plays, I knew he was going to miss it.

I guess it was not meant to be. I'll save the paint for next year.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah save it for next year as they drive for #7.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As It Stands...    As It Stands...  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

As It Stands...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3