Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHood could shut door on Smith Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hood could shut door on Smith

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hood could shut door on Smith Empty
PostSubject: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 am

LATROBE — Ziggy Hood is going to replace Aaron Smith as the Steelers’ starting left defensive end. If he plays well Thursday night, that transition may be sooner rather than later.

Hood, the Steelers’ first-round pick in 2009, played well last year when replacing Smith, who was lost for the season after tearing a triceps muscle in the fourth game of the season.

Now 35, Smith has been a standout over the years. But he’s been hurt often in recent seasons and he’s missed the last three practices with a sore knee.

In all probability, Smith won’t play Thursday night when the Steelers play the Eagles at Heinz Field. Hood will likely get the start, and if he plays well, it may be hard to keep him off the first-team defense.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-notes-hood-could-shut-door-on-smith/article_74f2ed4f-b94f-522d-bd86-337d24dba5e2.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:21 am

I think it's time for Smith to go, unfortunately. But Smith might be hurt anyways so it won't be too big of a deal Hood could shut door on Smith 1797695198

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:14 pm

If Smith can just stay healthy, I have no doubt he can really help us make yet another SB run this year. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have him help groom the rookie Heyward and Hood for 1 more year. Ziggy will get his chance, and it will be next season.... if not sooner.

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Hood could shut door on Smith 2913999526 Not sure which way to think on this, I think Smith time on the field has passed but I would for him to pass down all his experience.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 pm

blastfurness wrote:
Hood could shut door on Smith 2913999526 Not sure which way to think on this, I think Smith time on the field has passed but I would for him to pass down all his experience.
Ziggy played behind him for two seasons ... hopefully, that'll be enough. The only thing left to teach him is how to get injured and miss half the season. Hood could shut door on Smith 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:41 pm

The only good thing about him staying this last year is the fact Heyward will get to be under his wing for a season so that can only help.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
The only good thing about him staying this last year is the fact Heyward will get to be under his wing for a season so that can only help.
That's a good point. Ziggy might be ready to start, but he might not be ready to be a leader and mentor.

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

I think Ziggy was workng behind the diesel to be honest but there is plenty of leaders on that defense, we need him work that 5 technique and take up blockers and space on the running game so we can free up silver back Hood could shut door on Smith 792589548
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

blastfurness wrote:

I think Ziggy was workng behind the diesel to be honest but there is plenty of leaders on that defense, we need him work that 5 technique and take up blockers and space on the running game so we can free up silver back Hood could shut door on Smith 792589548

You could be right. I always assumed it was Smith because he's a couple/few years older than the Beard and because he's only played one full season since '07. Hood could shut door on Smith 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hood could shut door on Smith   Hood could shut door on Smith Empty

Back to top Go down

Hood could shut door on Smith
Page 1 of 1