Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers on Hard Knocks?? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers on Hard Knocks??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Steelers on Hard Knocks?? Empty
PostSubject: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 am

I know Mike doesn't like it, and although it certainly doesn't help the team, on a selfish note, I'd like to see it be the Steelers one year. But I see his point:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03/steelers-mike-tomlin-calls-hbo-hard-knocks-a-joke/

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 am

I don't like it. I don't believe that everybody has to know the ins & outs of what happens at training camps, etc.

Let it be.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers on Hard Knocks?? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

On the one hand, I'm a Steelers fan and I can't get enough information about the team. It would be great to get a closer look at what goes on.

On the other hand, I'm a Steelers fan and the last thing the team needs is that kind of distraction.
The team needs to focus on football, not being reality TV stars.

While a show like this certainly benefits HBO and the NFL's bottom line, I don't see how it helps the team involved.

The one thing I hope is that if the Steelers are chosen, they bring back Harrison. I'd loved to see them try to constantly shove cameras in his face. I imagine it would go down something like this:

Steelers on Hard Knocks?? Screenshot2010-08-25at12.08.30AM_display_image

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 am

Tomlin would be the same way as Harrison. The show does nothing but promote a teams persona to gain fan traction...as most of us diehards know, the Steelers don't need any more fair weather hanger ons. But like you said Wally, I AM a fan, and it would be neat to watch an in depth look at the organization that I love, but at what cost would that selfish need bring?

-Distraction
-Bigger locker rooms heads and inflated egos
-trying to show off to camera=injury
-revealing ANYTHING to other teams including play calls/formations/package sets/etc.

Is all of that worth it? Probably not.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah, while it would be neat to watch as a fan, I don't see any upside for the team. Only downside.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

What I don't like is that a team is forced to do this. Why should they have to do this idiotic series if they don't want to. I prefer the mystique that surrounds the Steelers. Leave this show for teams like the Cryboys and Bengals.

After all, what happens in training camp should stay in training camp.

I'm with you Tomlin.

Steelers on Hard Knocks?? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 9:44 pm

OK then just forget me watching Hard Knocks and just give me an all access pass to training camp. I'm cool with that.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 pm

NFL denies Hard Knocks field has been cut to three teams

Posted by Mike Florio

Last week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that the next subject of the Hard Knocks series will be determined soon.

This week, the NFL has denied that the field has been cut to three teams.

Per multiple reports, league spokesman Greg Aiello says that a report that the Hard Knocks field has been narrowed to the Giants, Bears, and Steelers isn’t accurate.

That’s a shame, because any of those teams would be great choices. Usually, the Hard Knocks team doesn’t have a national following but hopes to build one. The Giants, Bears, and Steelers already have a national following.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/29/nfl-denies-hard-knocks-field-has-been-cut-to-three-teams/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

There are 31 other teams they can get...leave the Steelers off the show.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers on Hard Knocks?? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:47 am

Actually there are only 3 left at this point...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers on Hard Knocks??   Steelers on Hard Knocks?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers on Hard Knocks??
Page 1 of 1