Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRyan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers   Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:15 am

PITTSBURGH -- Ryan Clark bid an emotional farewell to Pittsburgh and the Steelers on Tuesday night, telling KDKA-TV he is "grateful to God that he let me be there. It's just one of the best organizations in sports."

Clark started for eight seasons in Pittsburgh, teaming with good friend Troy Polamalu to give the Steelers one of the best safety tandems in the NFL.

Clark
Hard-hitting on the field and away from it with opinions he never hesitated to voice, Clark will go down as one of the better free-agent signings in Steelers history.

The Steelers signed Mike Mitchell in March to get younger and faster at free safety. Clark re-signed with the Redskins, the team he had been with before signing with the Steelers in 2006.

Clark got choked up when he talked about the friendships he forged in Pittsburgh -- and the support he received after suffering a life-threatening illness due to complications from sickle-cell trait that were triggered during a 2007 game in Denver.

"Ike [Taylor], Troy and Will Gay, they're my brothers man, and I think that's the hard part about this game because I don't want people [in Washington] to think that I'm not excited about it because I really am," Clark said. "But when I was sick they came to the hospital and Troy cried with me and prayed with me. That's the things that I'll miss, that's the things that I'll remember."

Clark also said he won't soon forget the fan support the Steelers enjoy in Pittsburgh and far beyond Western Pennsylvania.

"To be able to go places and take over stadiums, the Steelers are spoiled by the fans they have," he said. "To be around just such good people [in the Steelers organization], for people to embrace me and treat me the way that they did. It's important. It was beautiful so I just thank them all."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/128270/ryan-clark-says-goodbye-to-steelers

Clark was always was my favorite Steelers. I will miss him. Good luck and God speed Ryan!

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Steeltown beatdown

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers   Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:15 pm

This is one smart dude career wise. He's already getting situated with ESPN as an analyst. When he hangs up his cleats, he'll put on a suit and go to work the next day with them. Very very smart.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers   Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers EmptySat May 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I had no idea who Ryan Clark was when we signed him, but he eventually became one of my favorite players of the 2000s. Not only was he a solid safety, but he complemented Polamalu and allowed Troy to be Troy. With a lesser safety on the other side, it would have taken away from Troy's game. I have nothing but fond memories of Ryan Clark.

Especially these:

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers Willis-mcgahee-neck-injury

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers Clark-welker

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers   Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Clark bids emotional farewell to the Steelers
Page 1 of 1