Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Go down 
+2
Drizztbob
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  Empty
PostSubject: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Emmanuel Sanders arrived in Denver this offseason after four years in Pittsburgh. He immediately noticed a big difference between Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger.

Sanders said on 104.3 The Fan in Denver that Manning’s leadership and determination to win goes far beyond that of Roethlisberger or any other teammate Sanders has ever had.

“I feel like Peyton is a far better leader, in terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him, things of that sort,” Sanders said. “This is the first time that I’ve had a quarterback that every single day after practice — no matter what his accolades, NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring — he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice. . . . He’s not one of those guys you’ve got to chase down. He’s going to be right in the same spot, ready to work, every single day. I just feel like that’s a difference from a mental standpoint.”

Sanders said he views Roethlisberger as a winner, too, and he enjoyed their time as teammates. But he’s enjoying his time with Manning even more.

“I’ve got so much love for Ben,” Sanders said. “At the same time, I’m not going to lie. I’m happy to be part of this organization and happy that Peyton is my quarterback.”

Those comments will surely be received better in Denver than in Pittsburgh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ader-than-ben/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Meh, good riddance Sir Drops Alot.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 3:07 pm

I have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation except Sanders Sucks! (And I always wanted to use these emoticons)   Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  568088689 Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  798776511

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Meh, good riddance Sir Drops Alot.

Gingerchip wrote:
I have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation except Sanders Sucks! (And I always wanted to use these emoticons)   Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  568088689 Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  798776511

My past 3 sigs have been Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, and now Antonio Brown. Is it too soon to make a Markus Wheaton sig?  Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  3798349058 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 am

I have said before how I didn't like how Sanders threw little temper tantrums on the field. Hopefully Peyton enjoys them more than I did. I enjoyed the commentary on PTI about this: Ben doesn't need to feel bad about any of this because he has 1 more Super Bowl ring than Peyton.

My own commentary? Hey Peyton, remember getting embarrassed in the Super Bowl last year? At least we put up a fight when we took our loss.

Oh yea, Ben has played for ONE team.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 am

Oh yea, remember when we went to you (Sanders) with the game on the line?  Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  1505004552 

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Yup, I remember yelling Ike's name on that TD...

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Antonio Brown on the statements:

LATROBE, Pa. -- Pro Bowl wide receiver Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders were teammates for four seasons with the Steelers and remain good friends, but Brown took issue with Sanders calling Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning a "far better leader" than Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger earlier this week.

"That was terrible," Brown said Wednesday. "You don't throw your quarterback under the bus, the guy who makes you who you are."

Read more:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11286349/antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-rips-emmanuel-sanders-qb-comments

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 am

Newsflash: Ben says Brown is way better than Sanders!!! Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:16 am

solardave wrote:
Newsflash: Ben says Brown is way better than Sanders!!! Nuff said.

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  469886443  Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  1647293567 Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  1647293567 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:32 am

Quote :
Roethlisberger reacts to ex-Steeler Sanders' claim

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

As Emmanuel Sanders this week backed up his previous comments that Peyton Manning is a better leader than Ben Roethlisberger, there was a reaction … from Ben Roethlisberger.

“He’s going to say whatever he can about the quarterback he is with,” Roethlisberger said in a way that reflected his partial understanding of why Sanders made those comments.

“I was more disappointed he didn’t reach out to me. I know he told some other guys: ‘You know I love Ben, I didn’t mean it like that.’ I wish he would have reached out to me and just say that and I would have been fine with it.”

Instead of reaching out to Roethlisberger about his initial comments, Sanders told the NFL Network this week he stands by what he said.

“I have not one regret. If I said it, then I meant it,” Sanders told the NFL Network via Pro Football Talk.

“It wasn’t meant as disrespect for anyone. I’ve got so much love for everybody over there in Pittsburgh, and they know it — they know me. I didn’t mean any harm.”

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/08/14/Roethlisberger-reacts-to-ex-Steeler-Sanders-claim/stories/201408140225#ixzz3AL04JrSh

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:27 am

Ben definitely seems hurt by the whole thing. Hopefully he uses it as motivation and not an "Oh, woe is me".

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm going to chime in again.

Sanders is a total jag-off (I haven't lost all my Pittsburghese). He could have sung Peyton-who-lost-the-Superbowl-real-bad praises without dissing Ben.

I don't blame Ben for being hurt, especially since Ben really tried to have Sanders stay.

I normally don't wish bad thing on people (ok, with the exception of my ex), but I hope Sanders fumbles on every key play this season.

The curse of the terrible towel is now on Sanders. Twisted Evil  Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  3056903510 

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Sanders is on my crap list. I don't wish injury.... just another season of meaningful drops.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Who gives a rats arse what an ex-Steeler has to say about the team? Bottom-line almost every player that has come from another team to the Steelers has voiced how different our team is compared to the one they came from.

You can nit-pick which players do this or that different but as a whole, our locker room is, by far, one of the best, if not THE BEST, in the league.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben    Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben
Page 1 of 1