Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:03 pm

The Steelers have announced that kicker Shaun Suisham’s contract has been extended for four years through the 2018 season. Financial terms of the new contract were not disclosed.

Suisham connected on 30-of-32 field goal attempts in 2013, establishing a Steelers record with a 93.8 conversion mark. His 30 field goals made tied as the third-most in team history and his 129 points ranked fifth-most in a single season.

Read more: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Shaun-Suisham-to-Contract-Extension/58c9f7b2-f9d7-4ce5-89ff-6afabaed04e1

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 pm

I like Suisam in the black and gold. Good, reliable signing.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm starting to gain an appreciation for Suisham, but I'd be lying if I said I'm confident in him beyond the 40 or with the game on the line. He's done well for us, but I still think he's just an average kicker. Last year he proved me wrong, and I'll be more than happy if he keeps proving me wrong.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:09 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm starting to gain an appreciation for Suisham, but I'd be lying if I said I'm confident in him beyond the 40 or with the game on the line. He's done well for us, but I still think he's just an average kicker. Last year he proved me wrong, and I'll be more than happy if he keeps proving me wrong.

Wally I feel the same way. I feel like I need to cross my fingers every time he kicks but so far he has been money.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:16 am

Not too many guys can be counted upon in Heinz field and if he puts another season like last year under his belt, he will be that guy.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:20 am

It's fun to say his name and it's fun that he's from BGSU. I like the guy! $ui$ham!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:21 am

solardave wrote:
Wally I feel the same way. I feel like I need to cross my fingers every time he kicks but so far he has been money.

Yep. He had a great season last year. This is from the article:

Suisham connected on 30-of-32 field goal attempts in 2013, establishing a Steelers record with a 93.8 conversion mark. His 30 field goals made tied as the third-most in team history and his 129 points ranked fifth-most in a single season.

On the surface, those stats are awesome, but (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), I don't recall him having to attempt a high-pressure game-winning or game-tying kick. And he didn't attempt any long kicks. As the Trib's Alan Robinson pointed out:

Quote :
Alan Robinson @arobinson_Trib

Interesting note: in the era of the long-distance kicker, newly re-signed Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham did not attempt a 50-yarder in '13.

In other words, considering none (or very few) of Suisham's kicks in 2013 were high-pressure kicks, and all of them were relatively short, it's not surprising that his stats were so good.

The bottom line is this: I have complete confidence in Suisham to connect on a routine 40-yard kick during a game. But I don't have much confidence in him to connect on a game-winning 49-yard or 50-yard kick.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:50 am

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 3562723908  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 3562723908  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1664291743  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1664291743  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 312503953  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 312503953 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:48 am

Try as I might, I just can't shake this from my memory: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 2097682944

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
 Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 3562723908  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 3562723908  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1664291743  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1664291743  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 312503953  Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 312503953 

That's funny!!!!!! I love it.
Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Well I think it's good news. More stability for us. But like the rest of you, I wonder about the 50 yarder and game winners too. We shall see.

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 2480670802 Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 2287965686 Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1645253483 Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1645253483 Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension   Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham To Contract Extension
Page 1 of 1