Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham

Go down 
+5
WVABE
Wallace108
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelersYak
Hawaii 5-0
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham Empty
PostSubject: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:06 pm

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/how-the-nfl-extra-point-rule-change-affects-steelers-k-shaun-suisham/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited by Hawaii 5-0 on Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyWed May 20, 2015 8:04 pm

It certainly going to make things more interesting. It's no longer an "extra" point because teams will have to go out and earn them.

I know @Wallace108 isn't sweating too much about it because he trust Suisham from that distance. Now, move him back further and... How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3945403183

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:56 pm

We're fucked.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:37 am

SteelersYak wrote:
It certainly going to make things more interesting.   It's no longer an "extra" point because teams will have to go out and earn them.

I know @Wallace108 isn't sweating too much about it because he trust Suisham from that distance.  Now, move him back further and... How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3945403183

The extra point is now right on the edge of Suisham's range. How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3798349058

Seriously though, he earned my trust last season. Well, not completely. Anything beyond 42 yards still makes me nervous. But I do have a little more confidence in him than I did before last season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I say he knocks 3 pat attempts off the uprights.

Squeezum, yea.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn't like new NFL PAT rule

First, the NFL essentially eliminated kickoffs by placing the ball at the 35-yard line to promote more touchbacks, and now they have moved extra points back to a place on the field where the two-point conversion becomes more of a viable option.

In the grand scheme of the game, it's not really a big deal … unless you are a kicker, or a former kicker.

Jeff Reed, who kicked eight years for the Steelers, is the team's second-leading all-time scorer. He believes there is something more to the NFL's decision Tuesday to move the line of scrimmage for extra points back 13 yards to the 15-yard-line.

“I can say this right now because I am not playing anymore, but I think (commissioner) Roger Goodell is trying to get rid of kickers,” Reed said...

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz3alhwRVxX
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:29 pm

I hate this new rule. It's turning the NFL into the XFL. As far as Suisham I once got flamed hard for suggesting we replace him. Don't get me wrong Suisham is one of the best kickers in the NFL from 45 yards or shorter. I see many times where we have had to punt simply because Tomlin doesnt trust him to kick a 51 yard fg. His accuracy with in about 45 yards is so good though, it makes up for it, but if a game has 3 seconds left and you are at your opponents 39 yard line, then what do we do? Suisham doesnt kick mane 54 yarders. Just sayin.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:37 am

I've been waiting for Suisham's replacement since 2011.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:10 am

ImperialFan wrote:
I hate this new rule. It's turning the NFL into the XFL. As far as Suisham I once got flamed hard for suggesting we replace him. Don't get me wrong Suisham is one of the best kickers in the NFL from 45 yards or shorter. I see many times where we have had to punt simply because Tomlin doesnt trust him to kick a 51 yard fg. His accuracy with in about 45 yards is so good though, it makes up for it, but if a game has 3 seconds left and you are at your opponents 39 yard line, then what do we do? Suisham doesnt kick mane 54 yarders. Just sayin.

That has always been my argument as well. Although I think you might be stretching his range a bit by saying "45 yards or shorter." I would have said "42 yards or shorter." How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3798349058 Forget the 50-yarders ... before last season I didn't have confidence in him beyond 42 yards. Inside 42, he was golden. From 42-45, he was shaky. Beyond 45, forget it. But like I said, his performance last season gave me a little more confidence in him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyFri May 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Steelers go for 2

Posted May 20, 2015
By Mike Prisuta

The new PAT rule has players thinking about going for 2.

Seconds remain in regulation, a touchdown has just been scored and a single, solitary point separates the two teams on the scoreboard.

If it’s the 2015 season and it’s the Steelers that have just been scored upon, defensive end Cam Heyward hopes the opposing offense attempts a two-point conversion rather than kicking an extra point to force overtime.

“For me, I want every offense to go for two,” Heyward said. “I think we have a good goal-line defense around here. We’re going to have guys swarming to the ball.”

In the event it’s the Steelers that have just pulled to within a point, center Maurkice Pouncey would most likely opt for the most pragmatic approach.

“The extra point’s on the 15 (-yard line) now so we might have to go for the two,” he said.

The NFL has made such scenarios much more debatable by moving the line of scrimmage for a point after touchdown from the 2 to the 15.

The stated intent is to make the kicking of a PAT less of an automatic exercise and perhaps to make tries for a two-point conversion _ those will still be snapped from the 2 _ a more frequent occurrence.

Adding to the intrigue of the policy alteration is the defense having the ability to score two points via a blocked kick or turnover return into the opposite end zone.

“I really like the addition of the defense having a chance to score,” Heyward said. “If it’s a quick slant; you saw where (linebacker) James (Harrison) took it in the Super Bowl (against Arizona), if that was after a touchdown that doesn’t count (prior to the 2015 rule change).

“If we can get points that way, get an extra two and then our offense gets back on the field, we’re all going to be up for it.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-fbf5927fdf96
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Coach Tomlin says "Fuck it lets go for two."

How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham B73tog

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:55 am

This extra point rule is only for pre season right?

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:09 am

Wallace108 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

That has always been my argument as well. Although I think you might be stretching his range a bit by saying "45 yards or shorter." I would have said "42 yards or shorter." How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham 3798349058 Forget the 50-yarders ... before last season I didn't have confidence in him beyond 42 yards. Inside 42, he was golden. From 42-45, he was shaky. Beyond 45, forget it. But like I said, his performance last season gave me a little more confidence in him.

I said that shit over on steelerfever forums when I used a different handle and about got ran out of town for it. Then I got banned for disagreeing with one of the mods about Ben Roethlisberger and got banned because I said there were areas of his game that could use improvement. No wonder that site got shut down with the moderators they chose. Clearly they couldn't successfully manage a website. Thats besides the point now that I found a place where I am allowed to voice my opinion even if it isnt exactly the same as the one particular now powerless moderator.

We may have to go for 2 after every touchdown. Granted Suisham kicks in one of the hardest venues to kick in with the swirling winds and such in Pittburgh's Heins Field. There are worse kickers out there I mean some guys will miss a 28 yard field goal, at least we dont have to worry about that with Suisham, but that same guy might make 3 out of 4 from 55 yards when Suisham can't even kick it that far. I'm fine with us keeping him as our kicker for as long as they want but it would be nice next time if we could get a kicker with a stronger leg.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:56 am

ImperialFan wrote:

I said that shit over on steelerfever forums when I used a different handle and about got ran out of town for it. Then I got banned for disagreeing with one of the mods about Ben Roethlisberger and got banned because I said there were areas of his game that could use improvement. No wonder that site got shut down with the moderators they chose. Clearly they couldn't successfully manage a website. Thats besides the point now that I found a place where I am allowed to voice my opinion even if it isnt exactly the same as the one particular now powerless moderator.

as a fellow ex-Steelers Fever poster I'm curious what your handle was over there.

would you mind sharing that?

I actually love diversity of opinions, without it message boards and life in general would be pretty boring...

Last edited by Hawaii 5-0 on Sat May 23, 2015 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:58 am

NFL may see its first one-point safety

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 22, 2015

How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham Safety-e1432333984182

A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety.

If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history.

It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone.

One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones.

With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:01 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
We may have to go for 2 after every touchdown. Granted Suisham kicks in one of the hardest venues to kick in with the swirling winds and such in Pittburgh's Heins Field. There are worse kickers out there I mean some guys will miss a 28 yard field goal, at least we dont have to worry about that with Suisham, but that same guy might make 3 out of 4 from 55 yards when Suisham can't even kick it that far. I'm fine with us keeping him as our kicker for as long as they want but it would be nice next time if we could get a kicker with a stronger leg.

I don't view him as a major concern and can live with him, but I'd like to see them upgrade sooner rather than later.

ImperialFan wrote:

Unpopular views are not only welcome here, they're encouraged ... as long as someone isn't just trolling. As Hawaii said, diverse views make a forum more entertaining.

I don't know what happened at Fever in terms of interactions between the mods/admins and certain members, but in all fairness, the forum didn't get shut down because of its mods/admins. Five years ago, Fever was left for dead after a disastrous change in ownership, and the mods/admins helped bring it back to life. Back in 2010, most of us never would have believed that Fever would rebound the way it did, and the mods/admins deserve tons of credit for what they accomplished. Especially since they had their hands tied behind their backs for most of the time. Fever was shut down because the owner (who bought the forum even though he isn't even a Steelers fan) really didn't care about the forum itself or the community. For him, it was all about money, and he decided to shut it down and wash his hands of it.

Back to top Go down
Steellamb86
Xtreme Newb
Steellamb86

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham EmptySat May 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

as a fellow ex-Steelers Fever poster I'm curious what your handle was over there.

would you mind sharing that?

I actually love diversity of opinions, without it message boards and life in general would be pretty boring...

Hey Hawaii...I am also from the Steelers Fever board (was there for years). I think my old handle was SteelBlaze, but it has been awhile and my memory is not what it used to be. I am no longer following the Portland Trail Blazers (Blaze)...so I decided to change it to Steellamb86 in honor of my favorite player. I am happy to find most of us on this board though...happy to be here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham   How The NFL Extra Point Rule Change Affects Steelers K Shaun Suisham Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1