Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHoward Jones makes transition from small school to big time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time Empty
PostSubject: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time 53e970bb430b9.preview-300

By Chris Bradford

LATROBE -- LB Howard Jones, who comes from one of the most unlikely places, was one of the more unlikely stars in Saturday’s loss to the Giants.

The undrafted rookie out of Shepherd University -- a Division II program in West Virginia with an enrollment of 4,200 -- had a pair of fumble recoveries, including one that he returned 28 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. Jones said he wasn’t sure he had scored until replay confirmed the ruling on the field that there had been a fumble.

If Jones is to make the team, he’ll likely to have to add weight (he’s 238 pounds) and it will likely be for his work on special teams. Jones is more than OK with that.

“It’s definitely different, but I’m capable of doing it and willing to do it,” said Jones, who is Shepherd’s all-time leader in sacks (35).

READ MORE: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-insider-jones-makes-transition-from-small-school-to-big/article_c894ab85-b688-5a01-81ff-c12221357aab.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:22 pm

I wish the best of luck to him. Would be a great story for a young man working hard.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Representing my Alma Mater. Way to go Jones, I hope you find a place on the roster.

Like I need another reason to be a Steelers fan!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

He scooped up another fumble in the game vs. the Bills.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I really like this guy and I think he has great potential.

Look at how many greats the smaller schools have produced: Lambert (Kent State), BB (Miami of Ohio), AB (Central Michigan).

Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Jones has a chance to make the roster on special teams. He hasn't shown much at linebacker, but he certainly seems to always be in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure if he's good, but he's definitely lucky.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:10 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Jones has a chance to make the roster on special teams. He hasn't shown much at linebacker, but he certainly seems to always be in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure if he's good, but he's definitely lucky.

I'll take lucky on special teams any day.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 am

Wallace108 wrote:

He can take Shazier's spot on ST. I'd hate to have Shazier on ST in the regular season.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:04 pm

I don't care how he makes the roster, I just want him to make the roster so I can say I went to the same school.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time 3056903510

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Howard Jones didn't make the roster. Sad to say. I hope he at least comes back to the practice squad.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time   Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time Empty

Back to top Go down

Howard Jones makes transition from small school to big time
Page 1 of 1