Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees Empty
PostSubject: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:43 am

Former Steelers RB Jerome Bettis and coach Bill Cowher are among the 113 nominees for the HOF Class of 2015.

Former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, linebacker Kevin Greene, kicker Gary Anderson, safety Thomas Everett and coaches Bill Cowher and Buddy Parker are among the 113 nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2015.

Bettis, who has been a finalist four straight years, rushed for 10,571 yards with the Steelers, and amassed 13,662 career yards overall, ranking sixth all-time in the NFL. He was the Steelers leading rusher from 1996-2001 and in 2003-04, and posted 50 100-yard games with the Steelers. He was voted to the Pro Bowl six times and capped his career by helping to lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl XL Championship.

Bettis knows that patience is the key as he waits to hopefully get the call from the Hall of Fame, but also lives with the peace that no matter what happens he is satisfied with the career he had.

“At the end of the day what you can’t do is get consumed by the hope,” said Bettis. “I have to be confident in I did everything I could do, I am comfortable with my career the way it went. For me my ultimate goal was to win a championship.

Jerome Bettis Top 36
“You play this game to win a championship, I won a championship. If I am able to get into Canton, that is kind of the icing on the cake. I hope so, but if not it won’t be a wasted career, I tell you that.”

Cowher was the Steelers head coach from 1992-2006, leading the team to victory in Super Bowl XL. In his 15 seasons he guided the team to eight division titles and his teams played in six AFC Championship games and two Super Bowls, losing in Super Bowl XXX to the Dallas Cowboys.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee will narrow the list to 25 semifinalists in mid-October and then eventually to 15 semifinalists.

The Class of 2015 will be announced Saturday, Jan. 31, 2014 as a part of Super Bowl XLIX weekend.

Former Steelers defensive back and defensive coordinator Tony Dungy is also a nominee this year for his career as a head coach with the Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bettis-Cowher-among-Hall-of-Fame-nominees/d22e30f8-17cb-4ba2-a57b-d8cb0f9746a3

Hopefully, this will be the year for the Bus

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:55 am

Here's to the Bus!! Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees 230572241

Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:38 pm

I hope The Bus makes it this year, he deserves it. He's truly the last of the big backs.

I hope Cowher gets in too. Personally, I think he's a Hall of Fame head coach. Just don't know if he will get in first ballot. Maybe him and The Bus can go in together, that'd be cool.

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 am

Cowher's been on the ballot for years. He needs to come out and say he is done coaching. He won't get in until he does. The voters don't want to get burned like they did with Joe Gibbs.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:19 am

^^^ I love your Lambert- related and Lambert Quote in your sig pic^^^

Lambert was always and will always be one of my all time faves. I once saw him get into a fight with his girlfriend at a bar/restaurant in Oakmont. He had a pretty fiery temper. He took no shit, but sure gave out a lot!! Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees 1797695198

Anyway, I, too, hope this is the Bus' year. I'd be surprised if Cowher got in this year. Actually, I"d be really surprised. But yeah, it would be kinda cool to have them elected at the same time.

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees   Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowher and Bettis among Hall of Fame Nominees
Page 1 of 1