Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStop Blaming Todd Haley Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Stop Blaming Todd Haley

Go down 
+15
stlrtruck
Hawaii 5-0
harrison'samonster
tony hipchest
El-Gonzo Jackson
kirklandrules
Drizztbob
Gotassman
Gingerchip
Steelerella
solardave
SteelCityUnderground
Wallace108
Crash
SteelersYak
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Stop Blaming Todd Haley Empty
PostSubject: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

A contingent of Steelers fans would like the team to clean the house on their coaches. Some of the more patient fans understand, just as the Rooneys do, that consistency is key to winning in the “Not For Long” league.

One could look no further than the Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders or Jacksonville Jaguars, as teams who have changed front office and coaching staff almost as often as I change my socks. Pittsburgh’s division rival, the Cleveland Browns, have changed both 3 times in 3 years. Yet, none of those teams mentioned have sniffed a winning season or playoff berth in a decade or longer.

A group of spoiled Steelers fans, those who enjoyed 3 Super Bowl appearances within the last decade, are upset with an extreme makeover on both sides of the ball. Despite not having a sub .500 record since 2003, those same fans are waving pitchforks and torches, their anger directed toward one man who they feel has brought Steeler Nation to it’s knees: Todd Haley.

Read more: http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2014/09/29/stop-blaming-todd-haley

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:51 pm

I agree with everything in the article. I was actually on the phone while that drive was going on in SF and said "This is what the Steelers tried to do, let's see if the 49ers have more luck". Their punter didn't kick it 29 yards and the defense held to win the game.

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:55 pm

The fan base didn't fire Bruce Arians after back to back 12 win seasons, and demand a HOF QB change the way he plays after he gave you three AFC titles and two rings in 8 seasons.  

The owner did.  

So who's the spoiled one?

Last edited by mrcrash on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Yay, another Haley thread. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1647293567

I suddenly have the urge to start a Mike Wallace thread. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I suddenly have the urge to start a Mike Wallace thread. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1664291743

I thought this one had a bit of different spin on it....

At least this one STARTED as a Haley thread and didn't TURN INTO a Haley thread....

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
At least this one STARTED as a Haley thread and didn't TURN INTO a Haley thread....

Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1797695198

We could turn a thread on special teams into a Haley thread.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:19 pm

mrcrash wrote:
The fan base didn't fire Bruce Arians after back to back 12 win seasons, and demand a HOF QB change the way he plays after he gave you three AFC title games and two rings in 8 seasons.  

The owner did.  

So who's the spoiled one?  

I have yet to do a piece on Arians and why he was let go. Without fact checking, my personal opinion was due to:

1) too many 4 and 5 WR sets, getting away from the running game (despite there still being a balance of run/pass)

2) keeping Ben healthy

As to #1, it was more perception and not scoring points was a scapegoat. IMO Arians would've been snatched by another team and replaced regardless of his "resignation" from the team.

As to #2, Haley accomplished this last year, only the 2nd time Ben started all 16 games.

Not saying either are perfect, but neither were terrible. Difference is, fans have never given Haley a chance. The sky is always falling.
Back to top Go down
http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:

Not saying either are perfect, but neither were terrible. Difference is, fans have never given Haley a chance. The sky is always falling.

Completely agree on this. I don't know how he peed in everyone's Wheaties when he got here but many people didn't like the hire from day 1. Never mind that the team is getting older and the league is getting faster. Never mind that schemes changed. Never mind things like free agency and the draft. It's ALL Haley's fault. As soon as he got here, the Steelers went to crap. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1072540953

As you said in the article, the team hasn't had a losing season. Loses are more about the team than a coordinator.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Welcome to SX, SteelCityUnderground. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. If you have any board-related questions, don't hesitate to ask. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 230572241

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Welcome to SX, SteelCityUnderground. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. If you have any board-related questions, don't hesitate to ask. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 230572241

Oh yea.... I forgot to welcome you! Stop Blaming Todd Haley 294855916

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks Wallace108. And thank you to SteelersYak for the repost.

Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Quote :
As to #2, Haley accomplished this last year, only the 2nd time Ben started all 16 games.

2004: Ben starts the year as the backup QB, which means, you don't get to start 16 games.

2005: Ben misses 4 games to injury.

2006: Ben misses the opener because his appendix popped. Nothing to do with football injuries.

2007: Missed a meaningless season finale at Baltimore with other Steelers, when their seed was secure and had no bye week.

2008: Started every game.

2009: Missed 1 game.

2010: Missed four games suspended. Nothing to do with football injuries.

2011: Missed one game.

2012: Missed three games.

2013: Started every game.

The tale of the tape for games missed by OC for football related injuries?

Whiz: 4

Haley: 3

Arians: 2

Next excuse.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Absolutely.  Not only did I post it because it was right in line with what I was thinking (which always helps Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1797695198 ) but you wrote a good article.  Make sure to post your other stuff here as well.

I also know it was well written because Crash hasn't tried to poke holes and dissect it yet.  Stop Blaming Todd Haley 677999948 Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1735582540

Edit: of course he does right before I post this.

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm

You were saying?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:41 pm

mrcrash wrote:
You were saying?  

Since Todd Haley has come, BR7's sack percentage has lowered. That is an improvement as the less hits you take means lower probability for getting injured.

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Quote :
Since Todd Haley has come, BR7's sack percentage has lowered.

What about hits?

You know what else has lowered? His YPA and his wins.

When Todd Haley stays out of the way? They'll win.

When he insists on his gimmicks and his infatuation with #89 and #46? They lose.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

No Wally. CHAD SCOTT Twisted Evil I hated him more than Crash hates all Steelers but Ben and Steelers west coach. Stop Blaming Todd Haley 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Why do some fans think that firing coaches will produce wins? When you fire someone, you now have a period of adjusting to his replacement. That's one reason the Cleveland Browns keep losing, no stability in their organization. And these people want that for the Steelers??

Mike Glennon threw for 302 yards. Steelers have the 5th ranked offense and they have played pretty well. Could they have made a few more plays? Sure! Bad defense and leading the league in penalties is WAY MORE of a factor than someone's personal feelings on Todd Haley.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 pm

So you say your HOF Elite QB doesn't get paid to hand the ball off.... his number of passing attempts went up. Looks like Haley lets BR7 do exactly what you want him to do.

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 pm

No doubt he was getting hit like a pinata. The debate is on how many seasons he has left, and everyone is smart enough to know they have to protect their future HOF QB.

Good notice on the years and missed games. Like I said, I didn't fact check any of it. Only taking a wild guess.

(Forgot about him sitting the Rams game at the end of the season several years ago... I was there too. Ah, how Charlie Batch will be missed.)

Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Quote :
Why do some fans think that firing coaches will produce wins?

Once again, with clarity, the fans didn't fire Arians.

The owner did.

Ask him.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
No doubt he was getting hit like a pinata. The debate is on how many seasons he has left, and everyone is smart enough to know they have to protect their future HOF QB.

Good notice on the years and missed games. Like I said, I didn't fact check any of it.

So you bashed Arians and praised Haley without fact checking? That's beautiful.

Ben has 5 seasons left.

In Arizona or Denver.

He will not be in Pittsburgh next season.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Steelerella wrote:
Why do some fans think that firing coaches will produce wins? When you fire someone, you now have a period of adjusting to his replacement. That's one reason the Cleveland Browns keep losing, no stability in their organization. And these people want that for the Steelers??

Mike Glennon threw for 302 yards. Steelers have the 5th ranked offense and they have played pretty well. Could they have made a few more plays? Sure! Bad defense and leading the league in penalties is WAY MORE of a factor than someone's personal feelings on Todd Haley.

I wrote 2 articles today, this one on Haley and another on the game, re: penalties and beating themselves...

The loss cannot be attributed to one player or play, rather a multitude of them. As we pointed out in our game preview last Friday, we felt the Steelers could be their own worst enemy, committing 31 enforced penalties in 3 games, or an average of at least 10 per game. This contest would prove no different, as the Steelers were called for 13 flags, for 125 yards.

Read more: http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2014/09/29/likes-and-dislikes-buccaneers-vs-steelers/

Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
So you say your HOF Elite QB doesn't get paid to hand the ball off.... his number of passing attempts went up.  Looks like Haley lets BR7 do exactly what you want him to do.

It's not the number, it's when, and the TYPE.

Modern day Terry Bradshaw is now Trent Dilfer.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:01 pm

mrcrash wrote:
So you bashed Arians and praised Haley without fact checking?  That's beautiful.

The article I wrote is about Haley. I didn't mention Arians. You brought him up. I gave you my opinion and nothing more.

Quote :
I have yet to do a piece on Arians and why he was let go. Without fact checking, my personal opinion was due to...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Blaming Todd Haley   Stop Blaming Todd Haley Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop Blaming Todd Haley
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next