Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIn the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger

Go down 
+4
steelersviews
Drizztbob
SteelersYak
Wallace108
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:13 pm

I tend to agree with you Wally, to a point. Seemingly (stress on the word), it's like Ben is off and almost overnight. But then again, so is the entire team.

I could be way off base, as I don't have the opportunity to watch every game -- but from the highlights, I don't think it's just the aging process. Sometimes it's like he is throwing to ghostly apparitions on the field. Again, I only see what I see from the highlights (or as I now refer to them, lowlights) which isn't much to go on.

In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
I tend to agree with you Wally, to a point.  Seemingly (stress on the word), it's like Ben is off and almost overnight.  But then again, so is the entire team.

I could be way off base, as I don't have the opportunity to watch every game -- but from the highlights, I don't think it's just the aging process.  Sometimes it's like he is throwing to ghostly apparitions on the field.  Again, I only see what I see from the highlights (or as I now refer to them, lowlights) which isn't much to go on.

Yeah, it's not as simple as just blaming it on age. Ben and his receivers are off. Think back to the Steelers-Ravens game when Ben missed a wide-open Heath deep. Heath zigged when Ben thought he was going to zag. It was one of those misses that just stood out, and we're seeing a lot of that. We saw it several times today, including Ben overthrowing an uncovered Wheaton in the end zone. Something is definitely off. My comment about Ben's age had to do with shedding off tackles and the physical limitations that come with age.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am

BR7 looks like a shadow of himself right now. He was just off yesterday and couldn't get it going.

It certainly doesn't help when we elect to take the ball to try and get off to a fast start and then go 3 and out.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

time to shut up....

time to put up

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Interview from Wednesday.

The sheepish grin tells me that he knows Wheaton is a work in progress and that the media is making a big habub about the team.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Roethlisberger-Were-not-panicking/aaef7cde-9952-4248-8e07-e5afeee4b8a1

PostSubject: Re: In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger   In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Locker Room: Roethlisberger
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2