Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
steelersviews
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steelersviews
Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good Empty
PostSubject: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Why are the people best at something often the luckiest? Coincidence? Nah.

Maybe it is too early to look into Le’Veon Bell’s ball security in his career thus far, but the numbers are insane compared to other running backs.

With 400 career touches he has one career fumble (counting rush attempts and receptions as touches). That is one fumble per 400 touches.

To put that into perspective, let’s look at some current top running backs. Listed will be touches, fumbles, and fumbles per touch.

Eddie Lacy
395 touches
2 fumbles
1 fumble per 197.5 touches

Alfred Morris
719 touches
11 fumbles
1 fumble per 65.4 touches

DeMarco Murray
800 touches
11 fumbles
1 fumble per 72.7 touches

LeSean McCoy
1529 touches
12 fumbles
1 fumble per 127.4 touches

Matt Forte
2010 touches
17 fumbles
1 fumble per 118.2 touches

Marshawn Lynch
2037 touches
23 fumbles
1 fumble per 88.6 touches

*All stats according to Pro Football Reference.*

Only Ladainian Tomlinson had over a one fumble per 100 touches out of him, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and Marcus Allen.

Again, Bell has only played 18 games thus far in his career. He does have his share of drops in the passing game, but does have 69 catches for 627 receiving yards.

In no way is his fumble pace sustainable, but it has been a terrific start to a career. Even after that lone fumble in Green Bay last year, Bell wanted the ball and ran angry. He hurtled over a player in the next series, and he scored what would be the game winning touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Why is it that when you point out something, you jinx it? Coincidence? Probably.

I’ll take 100 percent blame if Bell fumbles on Sunday. Odds are that it is not going to happen anyway.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 pm

He fumbles this weekend I'm going to come hunt you down and give you a 5 minute time out punch. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 3798349058

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:12 am

That's quite an impressive stat.

But I agree with Truck. If Bell fumbles on Sunday, we're grabbing our torches and pitchforks and coming for you , SV. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:42 am

I LOVE it!

https://www.facebook.com/steelersfeverdotcom/posts/556445911152133

Now, hopefully you didn't jinx us. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 1664291743

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 am

stlrtruck wrote:
He fumbles this weekend I'm going to come hunt you down and give you a 5 minute time out punch.  ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 3798349058

My toughts exactly. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 1797695198 We'll form a possy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 2:11 am

The first thing that impressed me about Bell from the very start was his ability to be patient,wait for the blocks to set up and then hit the hole quickly. The second was his tenacity. He's not just a nimble runner. He will put his head in there and fight for extra yardage. I can't remember what game it was where he turned around and drove backwards (carrying 2-3 defenders with him) into the endzone. The knock for me is bad jugement off the field. He's young and hopefully learned his lesson because he can be great.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 am

solardave wrote:
The first thing that impressed me about Bell from the very start was his ability to be patient,wait for the blocks to set up and then hit the hole quickly.

That's what makes Bell a much better running back than Mendenhall. I don't know if Mendy had poor vision or was just slow to accelerate, but his "dancing" and hesitation hurt him. Bell does the same thing, but then he sees a hole and explodes through it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:45 am

bayz101 wrote:
I LOVE it!

https://www.facebook.com/steelersfeverdotcom/posts/556445911152133

Now, hopefully you didn't jinx us. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 1664291743

Thanks for the plug. ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good 230572241

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:52 am

It pains me every week to watch how good he is knowing I passed him up for Montee Ball in the draft this year...ARGGG

Love it though!

steelersviews
Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:57 am

Drizztbob wrote:
It pains me every week to watch how good he is knowing I passed him up for Montee Ball in the draft this year...ARGGG

Love it though!

Did the exact same thing. I had a chance to keep him as well as draft him. Adrian Peterson and Montee Ball was nice in theory...
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 am

Hindsight...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good   ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good Empty

Back to top Go down

ICYMI: Le'Veon Bell is Good
Page 1 of 1