Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Texans (Week 7) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)

Go down 
+6
Gotassman
CapLovesTroyP43
stlrtruck
supytalpeht
solardave
SteelersYak
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:40 am

Alright Steeler Nation, we weathered the storm of fall out from the Browns game.  While the cuts may have not completely healed, we're not going to continue to throw salt in the wounds.  The game was a loss and a loss is a loss whether it's by 1 or by 101.  The team needs to come out and make a big statement against the Texans on Monday Night Football.  The world will be tuning in to see if the Steelers are as washed up as they looked in the highlights last Sunday.  

Can the Steelers offensive line stop JJ Watt?  Can BR7 get the offense running more than just a 3 and out?  Can the defense stop the C-list QB Ryan Fitzpatrick?  

We need this win, plain and simple.  I say we get it:  Steelers 24, Texans 10.

Last edited by SteelersYak on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:01 pm

I don't think we have to worry so much about Fitzpatrick as we do Foster running all over us. You may think this is crazy but I say we run right at Watt early to see if he over pursues. That can work against these quick off the snap rushers like him. Then again he may end up tackling Bell and Ben on the same play. Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 2087824411
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 pm

I can just see it now where Bell is going to be patient, wait for a hole, and a soon as he goes to cut THWHACK!!! Watt nails him. Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1505004552

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:49 pm

I'll be shocked if Foster doesn't put up epic numbers against this defense.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 pm

And in other news the sky is not falling and I believe this is a turn around game for the Steelers. With the effort against the clowns less than lacking in every detail, the Steelers, IMO, will have a chip on their shoulder.

Steelers romp them 27-10

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 pm

If they can't get hyped for a MNF game... this team has flat lined.

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:40 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
If they can't get hyped for a MNF game... this team has flat lined.

Couldn't have said that better if I wanted to. Plus we have a pretty impressive MNF record do we not? Pray we keep rolling plus at the Burgh has GOT to help...doesn't it????? Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 2829330259

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 2480670802 Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 2287965686 Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1645253483 Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1645253483 Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1645253483
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:12 am

Although I don't believe the sky is falling I don't know how to feel about this team right now. The last time I felt this way was just before Chuck Knoll retired. It's like we don't know which team will show up and if they will play the entire game. I hope Shazier's back and healthy. Sure he'll make mistakes but we need his energy. McCullers should play in McClendon's place and I hope he can plug the middle by just standing there Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1797695198 . Why not play Tuitt? What do we have to lose there?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:27 am

solardave wrote:
Why not play Tuitt? What do we have to lose there?

Here here!

solardave wrote:
I don't know how to feel about this team right now.

I feel the same way and I think it's because the team lacks identity. The Steelers have NO clue who they are right now. It seems they have no leaders, no consistent playmakers, and no true offensive or defensive identity.

Only thing that we all know is that this team (on paper) is too good to be 3-3 right now with the schedule they had.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 am

I don't even understand why this a MNF game.....both these teams are 'mediocre' at best. Steelers may even be more 'mediocre'.....one of their 'wins' was against the worst team in the NFL.

If the Steelers lose, let's see if Tomlin says they didn't 'execute' like they should have. If I hear that one more time I'll puke. Doesn't anbody realize that by saying the players didn't execute , he's essentially saying, the coaches had a great plan but the players fell flat on their face. Yet the fans say Steelers have such great players. Ergo, my conclusion, the players are pretty good (not great but above average good), and it's the coaches 'schemes' and 'game plans' that suck.

Nobody should blame the players on this team.....

Steelers 10 Texans 25
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

Gotassman wrote:
I don't even understand why this a MNF game.....both these teams are 'mediocre' at best. Steelers may even be more 'mediocre'.....one of their 'wins' was against the worst team in the NFL.

If the Steelers lose, let's see if Tomlin says they didn't 'execute' like they should have. If I hear that one more time I'll puke. Doesn't anbody realize that by saying the players didn't execute , he's essentially saying, the coaches had a great plan but the players fell flat on their face. Yet the fans say Steelers have such great players. Ergo, my conclusion, the players are pretty good (not great but above average good), and it's the coaches 'schemes' and 'game plans' that suck.

Nobody should blame the players on this team.....

Steelers 10 Texans 25

Coaches jobs are to coach, players jobs are to play. You cannot blame the coaches for plays not being executed. Example: Haley calls the plays but Haley isn't out there running and catching the ball. The missed FG, the dropped passes, and Ben not making good throws. A lot of people complain about three-and-out, you can't get 22 first downs 3rd down and punting.

And yes, Steelers do have 'some' good players but for the most part, this isn't a very talented team. On top of that, you have players not being used correctly [Dri Archer]. Poor drafting and bad contracts have set this team back. The scheme and game plans are questionable at times, I can agree there. That, you can blame the coaches for. Not making the proper adjustments.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:56 am

Gotassman wrote:

All teams are tied at 0-0 when the schedules are made.

The schedules are made before the season starts (obviously), so the NFL can't always predict what will be good matchups. The Sunday Night game is flexible, but it's impossible to make the Monday Night game flexible.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:24 pm

I think after last week's debacle, the Steelers are going to be looking for redemption.

Steelers 21 - Houston 17

Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 am

It's finally game day! But first... a work day. Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 1505004552

After watching the Bengals and Browns get beat yesterday, I wouldn't say this game is a "must win" but it is a "need to win".

Here is what I think are the keys to the game:
1. Limit damage from Watt
2. Stop Foster
3. Don't let Fitzpatrick look like an all-star

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 am

This game is gonna get bloody. And the Steelers better come out playing like their season is on the line. It's time to draw a line in the sand with this team: Either you want to come out a play with 100% of what you have physically and mentally, or you quit and sit your ass on the bench. That holds true for the coaches too.

On the sidelines for this game should be a guillotine, and anyone failing to "Execute", can stick their damn necks in it and do just that. I'm sick of the empty promises to fix and deal with internally, and make adjustments, and blah blah blah. Go out on the field, do your job to the best of your ability, and if you can't, go elsewhere.

You will know what type of game the Steelers decide to play by the first quarter...

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 pm

I think we're all pretty much on the same page.

This isn't a "must win game" necessarily, but it's a "must show some freaking heart and look like you can play" game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:12 pm

I hope that we hit Bryant on a deep route if he gets in tonight. That would just be SUPER.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Steelers Inactives:

#3 - QB Landry Jones
#15 - WR Justin Brown
#24 - CB Ike Taylor
#29 - S Shamarko Thomas
#50 - ILB Ryan Shazier
#74 - G Chris Hubbard
#90 - NT Steve McLendon

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-inactives-for-Texans-game/7330f0b8-efef-445c-91a2-2519072b3081

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Here we go...wet paper bag defense that isn't tacking. Offense not coming out clicking. 1st quarter will tell all? Than this game is over.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 pm

What the hell did I miss? I was listening to the radio on the way home from bowling and the Steelers were down 13-10. Holy crap! It's now 24-13? Maybe I should go back to the bowling alley!!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:07 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
What the hell did I miss?

A LOT!! Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) 792589548

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 pm

After the Bryant TD, Texans muffed the kickoff and got it inside their own 10 (can't remember where exactly). Foster fumbled. Steelers did some trickery and Brown threw a TD to Moore. Next Texans' possession, Keisel got a piece of a pass, it bounced off someone (I'd have to see it again to tell you who), and it bounced back to Keisel for the INT. Ben then threw a TD to Bell, who was uncovered on the outside. Steelers scored 3 TDs in less than 3 minutes.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Saw the highlights, but damn that's a heck of a lot to miss in a short period of time. Space it out boys. Let's have some fun all night, not just the last 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Just over 12 minutes to go, Steelers are leading, Texans are driving...need a TO

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Defense with the bend don't break, but thanks to #13 of the Texans for dropping the pass with nothing but green grass in front of him...Texans kick a FG..

With 11:47 left in the game
Steelers 24-Texans 16

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)   Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Texans (Week 7)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next