Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis Empty
PostSubject: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Naturally, there are a lot of articles on BR7's performance, but I thought I'd post just one.

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Indianapolis Colts carried the NFL's leading offense and leading passer into Heinz Field Sunday and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin let everyone know it. He even rubbed his team's nose into it last week, and issued a challenge to his own offense, particularly Ben Roethlisberger.

"It was necessary for our group to match their group from that standpoint," Tomlin said, "and we challenged Ben and the offense to do it all week."

And?

"Ben, he was just dialed in," said longtime teammate and friend Brett Keisel, who was dialed in a little of his own. "You could see it before the game when they introduce them, he came screaming down the line. He's usually pretty collected. He came screaming through the tunnel and screaming out there. He was ready to go!"

It was green light all the way for the Steelers offense, which went toe-to-toe with Andrew Luck and the Colts all game long. It ended in an improbable 51-34 Steelers victory as Roethlisberger threw for a team-record six touchdowns, a team record of 40 completions in 49 attempts, for a team record of 522 yards, tied for fourth most in NFL history and 32 from Norm Van Brocklin's record of 554

read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/10/26/On-the-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-torches-Indianapolis/stories/201410270115

Congrats to Big Ben. Well deserved accolades! On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 2551600555

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:30 pm

I wasn't the only one who wanted BR7 to pass on the last set of downs to break the record, was I? On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 755331329

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:23 pm

no sir you were not.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:37 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I wasn't the only one who wanted BR7 to pass on the last set of downs to break the record, was I? On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 755331329

I wanted to see him throw for 600 yards. The Colts weren't going to let up and it's not like we were running away at the end. On the bright side he is the only QB in history to throw for 500+ twice. I was talking to a guy at work and he said, "sure Ben had a pretty good game but you know which QB had the best game this week? Tom Brady" and I proceeded to On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 2744185472 on his shoes. Sunday was proof that if you give Ben the time to throw (like Marsha and Peyton have had their whole careers) that he is as good or better than anyone out there! On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:43 am

solardave wrote:
Sunday was proof that if you give Ben the time to throw (like Marsha and Peyton have had their whole careers) that he is as good or better than anyone out there! On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 1647293567

And that's the bottom line. Some of these QBs have had the luxury to set up camp behind their O line. BR7 has not and still has had a fruitful career. Can you imagine if this is only the beginning of what is to come? Shocked Shocked

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote :
sure Ben had a pretty good game but you know which QB had the best game this week? Tom Brady"

I have to say that at least most of the articles I've been reading (ESPN for one)  have really  praised Ben. One in particular talked about Brady, Luck, and Ben, and gave Ben credit for having the best day of all of them.

Now NFL a.m.?  Whoever Eric Davis is -- well, he is an ass imo.  Not only did he seem unimpressed with Ben, but the Steelers in general.  That's the first time I've ever watched the morning show, so maybe I'm mistaken.  If not, he can On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 798776511

One article talked about the Steelers win over the Colts and the author said this:  "The Steelers are the strangest good team in the NFL.  They beat last year's division champions Carolina and the Colts, and lose to the Buccaneers and Browns".  I laughed and thought yep -- that's a spot on description of this team thus far. On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 1797695198

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis We_bel10

Last edited by Gingerchip on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm

I loved Tomlin's post-game conference. Someone asked him about 4th and 1, and he said, we could kick a FG, be up 13 and they (Indy) could score 2 touchdowns and win. We didn't take the pedal off of the gas.

That last line is what I've accused this team of all year: being conservative with a lead. I was in the North Shore watching those early games, and New England was beating the crap out of Chicago. I look over at my cousin and said, "why don't we do that to teams?"

No longer.

I think Tomlin finally had enough. The staff knows their D is suspect and the Colts can put up points. These are professionals, not youth teams. There's no participation award at the end of the season.

About time they figured this out. Hopefully they don't pump the brakes anytime soon. I want to go into this bye week having won 5 straight, and leading the division. They have the talent, they showed they can do it, now it's time to put up or shut up.

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:27 am

Gingerchip wrote:
One article talked about the Steelers win over the Colts and the author said this:  "The Steelers are the strangest good team in the NFL.  

I definitely like this analysis and couldn't agree more. I'm about to call this team Forrest Gump because well, you know...
On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis Life-is-like-a-box-of-chocolates-620x440

SteelCityUnderground wrote:

That last line is what I've accused this team of all year: being conservative with a lead.

I can only hope these days are over. We've lost games when we try to tuck in the shell and let the defense protect the lead. The best defense is a good offense... or is it the best offense is a good defense? On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 1505004552 On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis   On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Steelers: Roethlisberger's record passing performance torches Indianapolis
Page 1 of 1