Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHarrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:39 am

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers Scb210

By Steel Dad

I have absolutely no problem admitting when I’m wrong. According to my wife and kids, it happens a lot so I guess I’m learning. I openly admit I wasn’t thrilled about Brett Keisel and James Harrison returning to the Steelers this season and I said as much but I’m more than happy to announce, “I was wrong.”

At 36 years old, James Harrison has now recorded two straight games with multiple sacks. No one had the impact that he did on the field last night defensively and it showed time and time again. Not only did he get the two sacks of Baltimore’s Joe Flacco but he also pressured Flacco another time that resulted in an interception.

I thought Harrison would provide a nice boost in the run defense department but I really didn’t have high expectations for his ability to get to the quarterback. In his last few years, his sack and pressure numbers dropped as he dealt with injuries and the battle with Father Time.

Also 36 years old, Keisel isn’t putting up the flashy numbers to support any arguments that he’s playing good football but then again this is what the defensive end position is in Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 defense. His job is not to get sacks or to penetrate and get tackles for losses.

Keisel’s duty is to take on linemen and as many of them as he can so that his linebackers can get to the ball carrier. At times he has contain obligations and at others his job is to twist and stunt in an effort to free up the linebackers so they can get to the quarterback.

READ MORE: http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/11/03/harrison-keisel-turning-back-clock-steelers/

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:44 am

If this is just the beginning of what Harrison can do.... watch out! Shocked

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers Harris10

Harrison adding to his push ups with Pouncey Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1797695198

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:02 am

Well we said we needed leaders on defense. Little did we know it would be these old and slow guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1797695198 All I can say is: in your face Sapp. Siverback and Diesel,keep up the great work guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 am

solardave wrote:
Well we said we needed leaders on defense. Little did we know it would be these old and slow guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1797695198 All I can say is: in your face Sapp.  Siverback and Diesel,keep up the great work guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1647293567

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 3964572787

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:30 am

solardave wrote:
Well we said we needed leaders on defense. Little did we know it would be these old and slow guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1797695198 All I can say is: in your face Sapp.  Siverback and Diesel,keep up the great work guys. Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 1647293567

This year, the younger guys need to pick up on this style of leadership, grab it by the horns, and takeover (eventually) without having such a gap as we've experienced.

Since Harrison's return, I have noticed more of an edge with the defense and it appears now that it has spread.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers   Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Harrison, Keisel Turning Back the Clock for the Steelers
Page 1 of 1