Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture Empty
PostSubject: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Quote :
A report out Wednesday says Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a fractured wrist during Sunday's game against New Orleans, although the injury is one he will be able to play through.

Will Carroll of Bleacher Report reported the news.

"This sounds bad, but really isn't," Carroll said. "Ben Roethlisberger, I'm told by sources close to him, has a fractured hamate bone. That's a small bone in the wrist.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Roethlisberger-Has-Wrist-Fracture-33508597

But ...

Quote :
Roethlisberger doesn't practice but insists wrist is not broken

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger did not practice Wednesday amidst a report that he has a fractured wrist, and through the years the quarterback talked all-too bluntly about his injuries to suit his coaches.

He weighed in on this one, too, but will not be accused of overstating an injury this time.

“There is absolutely nothing wrong with my wrist,’’ Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette after practice.

Told that Bleacher Report had a story citing a source that he had a small broken bone, Roethlisberger said, “There is no broken bone.’’

Various other Steelers sources and those close to Roethlisberger also say he does not have a broken bone. Roethlisberger watched practice at the Steelers indoor facility Wednesday and rode a stationary bike. All the time, he had no wrap or any other kind of protection on his right wrist.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/12/03/Roethlisberger/stories/201412030207

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:13 pm

So a rumor? I surely hope so.

We definitely don't have a defense we can count on and our offense (the killer "B's" in particular) are our only hope to end the season on a high note and make it to the playoffs.

Feel better BR7! We need you!

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:17 pm

He said, she said, they said, me said....

Here's how it goes: speculation until Sunday. If BR7 stinks on Sunday - blame the "broken wrist"; if BR7 rocks on Sunday - he didn't have an injury or he is a hero for playing through it....

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3458818396 Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3458818396 Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3458818396 Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3458818396 Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3458818396

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I just checked in my med/surgical book and A&P book. If the hamate is fractured, it is put in a short arm cast, and sometimes surgery is required.

So if he is not in a cast, I highly doubt he has a fracture.

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

If he has a fractured wrist, then I hope it stays fractured the rest of the season until after he wins #7 (and oh yeah a new contract).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture   Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Roethlisberger Has Wrist Fracture
Page 1 of 1