Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeQuit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft

Go down 
+22
tony hipchest
BKAnthem
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
HeinzMustard
IowaSteeler927
ETL
cali_fan
Pappy
Steel-eers
BlackAndGold
SoCalFan
Hawaii 5-0
stlrtruck
DesertSteel
kirklandrules
Master_Of_Puppets
Buddha Bus
solardave
Fire Arians
Wallace108
Rick5895
SteelCityUnderground
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 am

from my blog at Steel City Undergroun:

Yikes Steelers fans! Some of you are not happy with the front office! But why?

The gamut runs from poor selections at positions or the players selected. Let’s be open-minded for a second and look at this objectively: the Steelers have had some pretty darn good draft picks over a long period of time. Perhaps it’s those draft picks, many who were perennials Pro Bowlers or future Hall of Famers, who have gotten us spoiled.

The names read like a who’s who of black and gold fame over the last decade and a half: Plaxico Burress, Casey Hampton, Troy Polamalu, Ben Roethlisberger, Heath Miller, Santonio Holmes, and Lawrence Timmons. Those are just first round selections, and where much of the criticism comes after the 2007 draft, with Rashard Mendenhall, Ziggy Hood, Maurkice Pouncey, Cam Heyward, David DeCastro, Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier. It’s also important to note that 2007 was Mike Tomlin’s first year as head coach, and thus, he gains much of the “Cowher’s players” criticism...

Feel free to read the full article and comment on my blog and/or below. Thanks for reading!

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2015/04/07/quit-complaining-steelers-and-the-draft/

http://steelcityunderground.com
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:45 am

A good article. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:52 am

It's impossible to keep reloading year after year after year. At some point, reloading won't work and you need to rebuild. That's what we're now doing on defense. And you're right SCU, it takes time.
-----------------

Welcome to SX @Rick5895 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:56 am

Remember all the grumbling about how the offense sucked and Todd Haley needs fired? Yeah. Rebuild.

So where are those haters now?

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

good post, i really think the FO does a great job on hitting gems in the rough in the later rounds. Who seriously thought brown / bryant / beachum would be the players they are now when they were drafted?

ever wonder if the bengals are kicking themselves now for not drafting bell instead of gio bernard? Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
good post, i really think the FO does a great job on hitting gems in the rough in the later rounds. Who seriously thought brown / bryant / beachum would be the players they are now when they were drafted?

ever wonder if the bengals are kicking themselves now for not drafting bell instead of gio bernard? Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1797695198

Thank you!

Cincy took a mulligan and got Jeremy Hill last year. I'd say that answers the question!

Did I think Beachum would be where he is? No. Brown and Bryant: yes, but after I got to see some reps.

Wallace108 heard this story before.

I liked Brown since day 1, when I saw him take it to the house in a preseason game (I believe he got flagged for the celebration too.) I felt he was going to be a good complement to Wallace, but over time, I was extremely happy when they gave AB the contract over Wallace.

I remember having trouble finding a Brown jersey a few years ago, when they debuted the bumblebees. I got one and some of my friends questioned why I would want his jersey.

Question no more!

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:04 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Remember all the grumbling about how the offense sucked and Todd Haley needs fired? Yeah. Rebuild.

Banned!!!! Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1797695198 Well at least one well known troll anyway.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 pm

solardave wrote:

Banned!!!! Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1797695198 Well at least one well known troll anyway.

Good ol' Crash. He's still at it on Twitter, but I muted him and one other poser fan who jumps aboard with him on their tirades.

Probably still telling everyone how Ben won't be here this season and is rejoining Arians in the desert!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 pm

solardave wrote:

You should have left some for me. I love a good troll roast! Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1945926454

How have you been, Dave? Good to see you again.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 pm

psssssst..over here  Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 611739232 we be back after the first lose.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

psssssst..over here  Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 611739232 we be back after the first lose.

LOL that is too funny. In fact, those haters will start making comments during the first negative play in the first preseason game this summer.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:50 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

LOL that is too funny. In fact, those haters will start making comments during the first negative play in the first preseason game this summer.

First preseason game? Try first day of free agency! They wanted Colbert, Tomlin and Haley gone for not signing an all-star team. SMH

DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 pm

I think Steeler fans are a little extra critical of the draft because unlike other 31 other teams, we do little to nothing via free agency. The draft is all we have. I have no problem with that model, but it puts extra pressure on the process to get it right.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Probably after the first loss too. Ben LOL Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 3147085405 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 2705760964 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 552320175 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 4275664633

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:09 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

First preseason game? Try first day of free agency! They wanted Colbert, Tomlin and Haley gone for not signing an all-star team. SMH

Good point! Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 469886443
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 am

Bill Cowher: Steelers are one good draft away from contention

By Daniel Sager

It doesn’t seem like too much time has passed between Bill Cowher hoisting the Lombardi Trophy as head coach of the Steelers and sitting in the CBS booth as an analyst on Sundays, but it’s already been nearly a decade since Cowher’s retirement.  In that time, it seems as if he’s fought yearly speculation regarding an NFL return.  With a 161-99 career coaching mark, Cowher certainly knows a thing or two about football, especially the Steelers, and he feels if they can secure a quality cornerback and pass rusher in the upcoming draft, then they are close to contention, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette.

“You’d like to upgrade the secondary and find a pass-rusher,” Cowher said. “It comes down to those two things. If they can get those two things, they’re not that far away from being a good team. When we were building in the 2000s, we were going to be a defensive team and one that runs the football. We had to win games like that. We had to build a defense.”

Entire article here:
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/04/23/bill-cowher-steelers-are-one-good-draft-away-from-contention/
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

If Mizzou Defensive end Shane Ray is still available in the 1st, oh man...

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 pm

SoCalFan wrote:

They'll run up to the podium if he is there

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 pm

And I'm one good lottery ticket from being a millionaire.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Steel-eers
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 pm

been watching video's of OLB prospects and one that intrigues me is Lyden Trail, while he plays verses 1AA so that makes him a bit suspect but I don't think the NFL has ever seen a 6-7 270 lb OLB. watching him maneuver standing on two feet is pretty impressive, seems to read and react with ease and moves like a guy much smaller, better than most at the position, his length and reach is really cumbersome for QB's. if he can get a finger on a offensive player he usually makes the tackle and really covers ground. 4.6-4.7 forty speed. not a protype but I would give him a shot in the middle rounds, at worse you might be able to develop him in to a DE in the mold of a Brent Keisel or similar. Plus the guy is pretty good in special teams.
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:52 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

wow! If our draft turned out anywhere near what you are predicting it would be great. I think the Rowe kid is going to be a hell of a player that can play safety or corner, much like Carnell Lake. All of our weaknesses could be addressed in one great draft. Even get a highly undervalued wide receiver. You need a GM job!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers:

The Steelers will do what they usually do. They'll wait for the best-available players to drop to them. I imagine they'll be able to land someone like Randy Gregory, Shane Ray or Landon Collins at No. 22. That'll allow them to address the cornerback position a bit later.

Ideal 2015 NFL Draft (First Four Rounds):

22. Randy Gregory, DE
56. Alex Carter, CB
87. Rashad Greene, WR
121. Jeremy Langford, RB

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2015goals_1.php#tr8wmd1qGPDeeXrP.99
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Pappy wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

wow! If our draft turned out anywhere near what you are predicting it would be great. I think the Rowe kid is going to be a hell of a player that can play safety or corner, much like Carnell Lake. All of our weaknesses could be addressed in one great draft. Even get a highly undervalued wide receiver. You need a GM job!

I'm back and forth on Rowe cause I really think he'll go round 1. But guys like Mayock think he'll go round 2 but I've seen one "mock" with him going high at 18th. So it's him or Alex Carter as my round 2 pick. Carter could fall to round 3 since some teams view him as a safety.

The Coates picks is more of a "hope pick" He's projected as a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick but IMO I believe his drop concerns will make him drop to our pick in round 3. (He comes up with big catches so that's why I like him)

I'm just a armchair GM Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1797695198

P:S If Ray falls to 22nd its like Jarvis Jones all over again. But I actually like Ray as a prospect.

Edit: I wanted to put a D-line in my mock but couldn't find a good spot. Trading down a few spots in the 2nd to pick up a 4th rounder would be Ideal Imo.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers:

4/27: Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said that the edge rushers in this draft are as good a group as he has seen in last 10 to 15 years.

4/24: The Chiefs and Steelers are the only teams not to use a first-round pick on a cornerback since 1998. - Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2015rumorsteams_1.php#7fhSt4zbtrHYviBD.99
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Probably after the first loss too. Ben LOL  Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 3147085405 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 2705760964 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 552320175 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 4275664633
screw you ,you grammer nazi losser ... Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft 1075563676
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next