Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeQuit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft

Go down 
+22
tony hipchest
BKAnthem
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
HeinzMustard
IowaSteeler927
ETL
cali_fan
Pappy
Steel-eers
BlackAndGold
SoCalFan
Hawaii 5-0
stlrtruck
DesertSteel
kirklandrules
Master_Of_Puppets
Buddha Bus
solardave
Fire Arians
Wallace108
Rick5895
SteelCityUnderground
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

James C Wexell retweeted
Chad Jensen @ChadNJensen -

Dave-Te Thomas' can't miss players: "Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, La'El Collins, that's all folks." #NFLDraft

Dave-Te Thomas on LB Shane Ray being a "sure" bet: "Any team I polled said Ray is one of the top 5 sure bets." #NFLDraft

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
cali_fan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 am

Wallace108 wrote:
It's impossible to keep reloading year after year after year. At some point, reloading won't work and you need to rebuild. That's what we're now doing on defense. And you're right SCU, it takes time.
This
-----------------

Welcome to SX @Rick5895 Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 230572241
Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James C Wexell retweeted
Chad Jensen @ChadNJensen -

Dave-Te Thomas' can't miss players: "Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Dante Fowler, La'El Collins, that's all folks." #NFLDraft

Dave-Te Thomas on LB Shane Ray being a "sure" bet: "Any team I polled said Ray is one of the top 5 sure bets." #NFLDraft

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

Sure bet to be suspended and out of the league?

Wow. What a boneheaded decision. One toke cost him millions.

So far - I don't recall any Steeler draft pick with character issues but full of talent ever working out for us.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 am

ETL your avatar is incredibly distracting. In a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:22 pm

I remember after the 2008 draft... I thought it was going to be one of the best drafts the Steelers had since the 70's. Damn... was I wrong or what? On paper, the '08 draft looked great. In reality... we only got one productive player from the entire class.... Mendenhall.

So these days, I take the Steelers new draft picks with a grain of salt. There's no point in getting hopes up for any player drafted until the games begin.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:29 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
I remember after the 2008 draft... I thought it was going to be one of the best drafts the Steelers had since the 70's.  Damn... was I wrong or what?  On paper, the '08 draft looked great.  In reality... we only got one productive player from the entire class.... Mendenhall.

So these days, I take the Steelers new draft picks with a grain of salt.  There's no point in getting hopes up for any player drafted until the games begin.  
i remember when we took Sanders and AB in the same draft. It just felt silly to me but then AB made that big catch against the Ravens in the playoffs as a rookie. You're right. I remember being thrilled with the 2008 draft. Mendenhall was considered by many the best RB in the draft after McFadden and it looked like he fell into our laps and Sweed was a first round grade. And I remember his fellow UT Longhorn Hills was someone who was talked of a first round talent who fell due to injuries. Ended up being a disappointing draft as you say. And while I didn't follow the draft in 2003, I know that Polamalu didn't dazzle his rookie year and we have Mark MAdden's thoughts on Ike on this very forum and here we are 12 years later toasting Ike and Troy into retirement, both as legitimate future Steeler HoFers and the other a legitimate first round ballot in Canton. Drafts are funny. I really hope we get someone special tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday that we'll grow to love just like we did with Troy and ike.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:45 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
I remember after the 2008 draft... I thought it was going to be one of the best drafts the Steelers had since the 70's.  Damn... was I wrong or what?  On paper, the '08 draft looked great.  In reality... we only got one productive player from the entire class.... Mendenhall.

So these days, I take the Steelers new draft picks with a grain of salt.  There's no point in getting hopes up for any player drafted until the games begin.  
i remember when we took Sanders and AB in the same draft. It just felt silly to me but then AB made that big catch against the Ravens in the playoffs as a rookie. You're right. I remember being thrilled with the 2008 draft. Mendenhall was considered by many the best RB in the draft after McFadden and it looked like he fell into our laps and Sweed was a first round grade. And I remember his fellow UT Longhorn Hills was someone who was talked of a first round talent who fell due to injuries. Ended up being a disappointing draft as you say. And while I didn't follow the draft in 2003, I know that Polamalu didn't dazzle his rookie year and we have Mark MAdden's thoughts on Ike on this very forum and here we are 12 years later toasting Ike and Troy into retirement, both as legitimate future Steeler HoFers and the other a legitimate first round ballot in Canton. Drafts are funny. I really hope we get someone special tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday that we'll grow to love just like we did with Troy and ike.

Actually, last year's draft looks like it's going to be pretty good if Shazier turns out to be an above average ILB.  We'll see.  Stephon Tuitt and Martavis Bryant are looking like perrenial starters... with potential to be pro-bowl caliber players.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:47 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

Actually, last year's draft looks like it's going to be pretty good if Shazier turns out to be an above average ILB.  We'll see.  Stephon Tuitt and Martavis Bryant are looking like perrenial starters... with potential to be pro-bowl caliber players.
Yeah I really like last year's draft a lot. I'm optimistic about Shazier. A tough rookie year to be sure but I think he can be a good ILB.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:30 am

Gone LB in the first 3 rounds 3 years straight( not to mention the great LB haul of 2010), and still no sizzle so far... no one one the team from the 2008, or 2009 drafts, OL outside of Pouncey, Decastro has been avg, and hasn't hit on a DB since Troy...i think there is room for complaint
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:38 am

sizzle is for bacon.

. .
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:23 am

And yet, somehow, I still see a glass half full Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
bhandsome08
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Found the old members from SteelersFever finally! :D
I'm actually pretty optimistic bout this years draft. Liked the Golson alot.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Steelers Tried to Trade for Trae Waynes

Updated May 6, 2015
By Charlie Campbell

Entering the 2015 NFL Draft, one of the popular projections for the Pittsburgh Steelers was having them take a cornerback in the first round. It made sense, as corner has been a need position for years. Many were projecting the Steelers to take Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson, but Johnson didn't make to Pittsburgh pick after he was snatched up by the Texans at No. 16. Pittsburgh ended up taking Kentucky outside linebacker Bud Dupree with the 22nd-overall selection to help upgrade their pass rush. While the Steelers didn't take a corner in the first round, it wasn't from a lack of trying. Sources from around the league told us that the Steelers were calling teams to see about a trade, and their target was Michigan State cornerback Trae Waynes.

Pittsburgh was calling teams to gauge what it would take to get them to move down. The Steelers weren't willing to give up a huge amount of picks, and Waynes ended up going to the Vikings with the 11th-overall pick. Moving into the top 10 was too costly for the Steelers. Leading up to the draft ,they were calling teams to prepare a potential move, but with Waynes not sliding into the teens, Pittsburgh was never close to accomplishing a trade.

The Steelers ended up selecting Ole Miss cornerback Senquez Golson in the second round. Sources say that Golson projects as a nickel corner, and they feel that Pittsburgh will still be looking for some starting outside corners next year. The 5-foot-8 Golson doesn't project as a corner who can match up against Cincinnati's A.J. Green (6-4, 207), given Green's height advantage. Fourth-round pick Doran Grant (5-10, 200) could also compete for playing time for the Steelers, but he isn't the tall length corner that the Steelers were targeting in the first round with Waynes (6-0, 186) or Johnson (6-0, 188).

The Steelers have received a lot of praise for landing Dupree at No. 22m as many projected Dupree to go in the top half of the first round. However, Pittsburgh's plan A was moving up to get Waynes.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

I'd rather have Dupree AND Goldenrod AND Coates AND Grant... than ONLY having Waynes.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Yeah when it comes to top flight DB's Colberts real good at making phone calls...but the execution is definitely lacking....
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:14 pm

teegre wrote:
I'd rather have Dupree AND Goldenrod AND Coates AND Grant... than ONLY having Waynes.  

True that T, I think we did well. I remember raising my brow when the team took Bell over Lacy (Both are good) but Bell turned out to be a perfect fit for our schemes. The rest will be history.

I'm optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers Tried to Trade for Trae Waynes

Updated May 6, 2015
By Charlie Campbell

Entering the 2015 NFL Draft, one of the popular projections for the Pittsburgh Steelers was having them take a cornerback in the first round. It made sense, as corner has been a need position for years. Many were projecting the Steelers to take Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson, but Johnson didn't make to Pittsburgh pick after he was snatched up by the Texans at No. 16. Pittsburgh ended up taking Kentucky outside linebacker Bud Dupree with the 22nd-overall selection to help upgrade their pass rush. While the Steelers didn't take a corner in the first round, it wasn't from a lack of trying. Sources from around the league told us that the Steelers were calling teams to see about a trade, and their target was Michigan State cornerback Trae Waynes.

Pittsburgh was calling teams to gauge what it would take to get them to move down. The Steelers weren't willing to give up a huge amount of picks, and Waynes ended up going to the Vikings with the 11th-overall pick. Moving into the top 10 was too costly for the Steelers. Leading up to the draft ,they were calling teams to prepare a potential move, but with Waynes not sliding into the teens, Pittsburgh was never close to accomplishing a trade.

The Steelers ended up selecting Ole Miss cornerback Senquez Golson in the second round. Sources say that Golson projects as a nickel corner, and they feel that Pittsburgh will still be looking for some starting outside corners next year. The 5-foot-8 Golson doesn't project as a corner who can match up against Cincinnati's A.J. Green (6-4, 207), given Green's height advantage. Fourth-round pick Doran Grant (5-10, 200) could also compete for playing time for the Steelers, but he isn't the tall length corner that the Steelers were targeting in the first round with Waynes (6-0, 186) or Johnson (6-0, 188).

The Steelers have received a lot of praise for landing Dupree at No. 22m as many projected Dupree to go in the top half of the first round. However, Pittsburgh's plan A was moving up to get Waynes.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

I believe the Vikings are going to be a dangerous football team very soon.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:30 pm

How many members of the Pittsburgh Steelers draft class will be impact rookies this season?

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 6_3604374

NFL.com college football writer Bryan Fischer lists four of them among his top 100 impact rookies, although perhaps they aren't in the order you might think.

The first Steelers player on the list is first-round draft pick OLB Bud Dupree, who Fischer ranks at No. 24.

"Given recent departures, Dupree will have no choice but to play a big role for the Steelers' defense," Fischer writes.

Next up is fifth-round draft pick TE end Jesse James at No. 39.

"James is going to make his biggest impact as a post-up option in the end zone, and he should see a fair share of opportunities playing behind Heath Miller," Fischer writes.

The third player on the list is sixth-round pick OLB Anthony Chickillo, who Fischer ranks at No. 89 overall.

"He won't be on the field for every snap, but he can come in and solidify a spot by holding down an edge for the team's new-look defense," Fischer writes.

Finally, Fischer ranks second-round pick CB Senquez Golson at No. 92 overall.

"He'll be asked to help the re-tooling of the Steelers' secondary from the start, but he might get picked on by opposing quarterbacks," Fischer writes.

The order is interesting, in particular listing Chickillo over Golson as some feel Chickillo could be in a battle to land a spot on the final roster.

Quarterback Jameis Winston of Tampa Bay is the No. 1 player on the list.

click on link below to see the whole list:

http://pit.247sports.com/Headline/Four-Pittsburgh-Steelers-players-make-list-of-top-rookies--37262726
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft   Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quit Complaining: Steelers and The Draft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2