Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTroy retires a Steeler - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Troy retires a Steeler

Go down 
+37
Atlanta Dan
SteelersCanada
Steeler-in-west
Steeler Zach
Bert Gordon
43Hitman
teegre
OX1947
Dave75th
zcoop
Steel Peon
SoCalFan
IowaSteeler927
Pappy
vasteeler
harrison'samonster
SteelCity4Life
fer69
Gingerchip
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
steelcityboyz
British Steel
JonM229
kirklandrules
Buddha Bus
ebsteelersSF
stlrtruck
Galax Steeler
SteelersYak
solardave
Bane
Mach1
Wallace108
tube517
Lokki
steelstoned1972
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:33 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:
So much well deserved coverage! I have been sporting my white SB-XL #43 lately and will probably wear it all season!

Has Troy been featured on "A Football Life" yet? My search came up with nothing. If and when they do that will be one amazing show!

And that's an amazing picture of a Big Ben Jersey !

There's a jersey in that picture?!?! affraid

Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:01 pm

My avatar and sig were carried over from "that other place!"

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 Da93133c4fbc2d96f71552106ea043773293da0f873f9bcabf518287051eefcb_medium_animated

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:25 am

I know another Team out there woulda' paid him to play next year, so it's pretty awesome he retired a Steeler. I could go on, and on, and on about how great he was, but we'll all see plenty of that in the weeks ahead. Just want to give thanks to the man, Troy Polamalu, thanks man!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 am

Still one of the (if not the most) amazing interceptions I've ever seen.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:15 am

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

He was so humble. He stayed out of trouble. He dominated.

It won't ACTUALLY hit me until I watch the first game this year and 43 isn't out there flying around.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 am

SteelersYak wrote:
He was so humble.  He stayed out of trouble.  He dominated.

It won't ACTUALLY hit me until I watch the first game this year and 43 isn't out there flying around.

It'll feel much the same as not seeing Hines Ward's smiling face jogging around out there anymore. No Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 2164293255

Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:49 am

"With Steelers safety Troy Polamalu announcing his retirement last week, it had me reflecting on some of Brady’s thoughts on Polamalu over the years. Brady arguably had as much success against Polamalu as anyone, but it was clear he also had great respect for him. Most recently, in 2013, Brady explained how Polamalu had rare instincts while playing in a system in which there didn’t seem to be clearly defined roles for safeties. “You have to account for him on every play,” Brady said. “You can’t just go, ‘He’s going to be here.’ He may have the [deep part] of the field [but then] he’s making a playing in the backfield. … He’s just got those instincts where he’s going to take the chance when he knows and it’s calculated, a lot like Ed Reed [and] some of the best safeties I’ve ever played against.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-Patriots*/post/_/id/4780278/quick-hit-thoughts-around-Patriots*-nfl-22
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:59 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

I remember that game. It was frustrating since we were clearly dominating but the refereeing was awful. My kid brother ended up winning a Steelers gift raffle (that he was one of the few people to enter, it's one of the few times I bet he was happy that he's one of the only ones in a sea of Redskins and bandwagon Patriots* fans) but anyhow how he won a framed photo of that pick.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I remember that game. It was frustrating since we were clearly dominating but the refereeing was awful. My kid brother ended up winning a Steelers gift raffle (that he was one of the few people to enter, it's one of the few times I bet he was happy that he's one of the only ones in a sea of Redskins and bandwagon Patriots** fans) but anyhow how he won a framed photo of that pick.

I totally didn't think he made the catch in real time, but after the replay I was just flabbergasted. I couldn't believe he was able to get his hand under that ball. The man was a special talent and we won't see another.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I totally didn't think he made the catch in real time, but after the replay I was just flabbergasted.

As it happened, I was like: Why the heck aren't they blowing the whistle? The ball clearly hit the ground. ... And then you see the replay. Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 2605341373

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Happy for Troy, kinda sad for us. What a great Steeler's playa and competitor.
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:35 pm

When you watch the clips you guys have posted you think, this guy isn't human. He has to be part something else. It's like watching Wilt Chamberlin, or Bobby Orr.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I remember that game. It was frustrating since we were clearly dominating but the refereeing was awful. My kid brother ended up winning a Steelers gift raffle (that he was one of the few people to enter, it's one of the few times I bet he was happy that he's one of the only ones in a sea of Redskins and bandwagon Patriots*** fans) but anyhow how he won a framed photo of that pick.

I totally didn't think he made the catch in real time, but after the replay I was just flabbergasted. I couldn't believe he was able to get his hand under that ball. The man was a special talent and we won't see another.
It was unreal. He just clawed it like a hawk picking a mouse off. I'm really going to miss Troy. One of the best football players I ever have seen and one of the greatest guys ever to play too.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:38 pm

We have been blessed to truly watch greatness in the making.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Dave75th wrote:
When you watch the clips you guys have posted you think, this guy isn't human. He has to be part something else. It's like watching Wilt Chamberlin, or Bobby Orr.

The man hails from Samoa, but was clearly born on Krypton.

Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:24 pm

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/flacco-opens-competing-against-polamalu?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Flacco opens up on competing against Polamalu
April 13, 2015, 8:45 am
Email

The retirement of Steelers safety Troy Polamalu continues to be a topic of conversation, even with the not typically loquacious Joe Flacco. In his latest edition of Monday Morning Quarterback, Peter King of Sports Illustrated quotes Flacco extensively about Polamalu.

Flacco’s admiration for Polamalu is obvious, which to me is always a great compliment for any athlete – respect from a rival.

“Now (that he retired), I’ve got to step back and appreciate the games we played against him and the Steelers,” Flacco told King. “I am a man of few words, and so is Troy, but I know I’ll tell my children and grandchildren I was lucky enough to play in these games, and lucky enough to play against Troy so many times. Troy’s an example of the right way to do things, on the field and off the field. Such a great competitor on every play, and he treats everyone the right way. That’s the right way to handle yourself. The image he had, the example he set…he just did it right.”

King also examines how difficult it has been for safeties to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame, pointing out that only seven pure safeties in the last 53 years have been inducted. That will make it very interesting to see how Hall of Fame voters handle Polamalu, Reed, and Brian Dawkins when they are eligible for induction.

Perhaps Reed and Polamalu will be part of the same Hall of Fame class, or will be inducted in back-to-back years. Flacco spent the first five years of his career competing against Reed in practice. Flacco knows a great safety when he sees one. And when Flacco saw Polamalu across the line of scrimmage, Flacco knew he was seeing greatness.

[RELATED: Ravens have few options at tight end in draft]

Tags: TROY POLAMALU, Joe Flacco, ED REED, Brian Dawkins
Clifton Brown is CSNbaltimore.com's Ravens Insider. Follow him on Twitter @CliftonBrownCSN and like him on Facebook.

Previous Post

Next Post
by TaboolaSponsored LinksYou May Like

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm

If Polumalu doesn't get into the HOF one of the first years on the ballot, I'm going to Canton and pooping on the doorstep.

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
If Polumalu doesn't get into the HOF one of the first years on the ballot, I'm going to Canton and pooping on the doorstep.

Save yourself a trip.

I live 5 minutes away.

I'll shit on thy hallowed steps of football immortality for ya !

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:40 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Save yourself a trip.

I live 5 minutes away.

I'll shit on thy hallowed steps of football immortality for ya !

Thank you!

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:42 pm

There are 8 safeties in the Hall. Pretty crazy that in 5 years, 2 more will be getting in. Troy and Ed. Ed needs to fill out his retirement papers though. 10 safeties will be in in 5 years. That would be 100 years of NFL football and only 10 at that position will be HOFers.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Sooo... fire Troy???

Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 am

As much as I appreciate TroyP now, I know that I will appreciate him more and more as time goes by. As Buddha stated, it is highly unlikey we will ever see the likes of another TP43 again.

I don't, however, think that Ed Reed was as good as Troy (some announcer was having a difficult time picking the best of the two on the NFL channel). Reed was outstanding, but I don't think close to Troy's play. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Reed play free safety only, yet Troy excelled at both strong safety and free safety?

Either way, Troy is in a class all his own and I am not just speaking as a Steeler fan.

Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
The man hails from Samoa, but was clearly born on Krypton.

I respectfully disagree.....there was no Kryptonite for him.

PostSubject: Re: Troy retires a Steeler   Troy retires a Steeler - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Troy retires a Steeler
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next