Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign punter Jordan Berry Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry

Go down 
+17
tony hipchest
El-Gonzo Jackson
Hawaii 5-0
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
The_Joker
ETL
Jazzo
steelcrazy
kirklandrules
SteelersYak
Buddha Bus
Fire Arians
stlrtruck
Steeler Zach
schillah
solardave
Wallace108
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:09 am

Posted by Mike Wilkening

The Steelers have added a second Australian punter to their roster.

Pittsburgh has signed Jordan Berry, a native of Essendon, Victoria, Australia who punted collegiately at Eastern Kentucky from 2010-2013. The club announced the signing earlier Tuesday.

The 24-year-old Berry averaged 43.4 gross yards per punt as a senior in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/steelers-sign-p-jordan-berry/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:27 am

Three punters on the roster. This tells me Wing was not acceptable to the FO. Good. I thought he was just OK. He didn't kill us but he did not help us much either.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:32 am

Wing wasn't as horrible as I thought he was going to be, but that doesn't mean he was good. I just had really low expectations. We definitely need to upgrade.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:58 am

I really wish Sepulveda would of worked out. That was the last time I was excited for a punter lol

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

SUPER BOWL!!!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:47 am

The punter, IMO, is judged by two words and two words only....
Coffin Kick

If we're at mid-field and he can't put that ball inside the 5 yard line then sit your arse in the stands and let the FO go find a punter that can.

My punter should be able to do two things....
When we're pinned deep in our own end, nail the ball and reverse field position
and
Coffin Kick...

that's it, I don't care if he can't tackle...matter of fact I don't want him to tackle. If he punted the ball properly, then he wouldn't have to tackle.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

Steeler Zach wrote:
SUPER BOWL!!!

damn it someone stole my line again Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Newly acquired Pittsburgh Steelers punter Jordan Berry shows off his hang time
By Jeff.Hartman  @BnGBlitz on Apr 16, 2015, 5:15a 16

The Pittsburgh Steelers recently signed punter Jordan Berry from Easter Kentucky to compete with Brad Wing this 2015 offseason. Watch this video of Berry showing he isn't just another camp leg.

Who doesn't love a good punting YouTube video? I know I sure don't. Ask me if I would watch 7 minutes of punting, and I'd say, "Why not more?!" Okay, sarcasm aside, the video above is of newly signed Pittsburgh Steelers punter Jordan Berry.

Berry, who played his college football at Eastern Kentucky was thought to be just another camp leg this offseason, but when watching just a bit of the video you can see why the Steelers were interested in him competing with Brad Wing for the rights to be named the Steelers' punter in 2015.

(Read More:) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/4/16/8425483/newly-acquired-pittsburgh-steelers-punter-jordan-berry-shows-off-his

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 am

WHO?! Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2829330259

I like the Uncle Rico-esq highlight reel.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 am

SteelersYak wrote:
WHO?! Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2829330259

I like the Uncle Rico-esq highlight reel.

Don't you dare belittle the talents of the great Uncle Rico! Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2625562446

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Who doesn't love a good punting YouTube video?

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 798776511
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:16 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Newly acquired Pittsburgh Steelers punter Jordan Berry shows off his hang time
By Jeff.Hartman  @BnGBlitz on Apr 16, 2015, 5:15a 16

The Pittsburgh Steelers recently signed punter Jordan Berry from Easter Kentucky to compete with Brad Wing this 2015 offseason. Watch this video of Berry showing he isn't just another camp leg.

Who doesn't love a good punting YouTube video? I know I sure don't. Ask me if I would watch 7 minutes of punting, and I'd say, "Why not more?!" Okay, sarcasm aside, the video above is of newly signed Pittsburgh Steelers punter Jordan Berry.

Berry, who played his college football at Eastern Kentucky was thought to be just another camp leg this offseason, but when watching just a bit of the video you can see why the Steelers were interested in him competing with Brad Wing for the rights to be named the Steelers' punter in 2015.

(Read More:) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/4/16/8425483/newly-acquired-pittsburgh-steelers-punter-jordan-berry-shows-off-his

Great video, not bad if we're punting from our side of the 50, but where the hell was the coffin kick.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:10 am

well I dont know if this kid could be any worse..i understand that it wasnt completely his fault but i still kinda blame him for the loss to tampa bay last season..just a little bit

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am

O.k. I actually took a few minutes and watched that video. Unfortunately, I'll never get that moment in my life back. No

I think they had Baghdad Bob produce that video. The distances they were captioning were not correct. The dumbasses put yard markers out on the field and you can clearly see how far he's kicking. One of the kicks failed to reach the 40 yard mark and the caption showed a 60 yard punt. Epic Fail!

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Baghdad-Bob

Anyways, just about every punter that gets a tryout with an NFL team can kick the hell out of the ball when it's not a real game. Try it when guys are running at you that will cause bodily injury, then add in weather factors like wind, rain, snow, cold, then add in field conditions, then add in place on the field, then add in instructions from the SP coach (kick right, kick left, extra hangtime, longer punt). Not so easy. Just like every running back looks like a stud when they are running in shorts and t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:04 am

steelcrazy wrote:
well I dont know if this kid could be any worse..i understand that it wasnt completely his fault but i still kinda blame him for the loss to tampa bay last season..just a little bit

Yeah, that shank couldn't have come at a worse time. But the defense sucked it up big time. The worst team in the NFL and they hung 27 point on you at home?! Oh, and don't forget the offense in that debacle. With about a minute left in the game, a home game, and they couldn't convert a single first down on the last drive to run out the clock... against the worst team in the NFL? One first down and it's over, instead they punted from their own 17. When we watch the NFL draft in a few weeks, just remember the team that is picking first beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

So yes, Wing's shank couldn't have come at a worse time. Unfortunately for him, he didn't bail out the rest of the team amid their horrendous performance.

After that loss, I think Tomlin should have taken a page from John Goodman's playbook...

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:56 am

As long as he can get down and dirty like Suisham and Wing did last season, lol.

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Specialteamssuperfriendsteamup.0

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 am

Jazzo wrote:
As long as he can get down and dirty like Suisham and Wing did last season, lol.

Or even downer and dirtier like Cody Wallace. Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 755331329

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Steelers_fins_wtf

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

Or even downer and dirtier like Cody Wallace. Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 755331329

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2573146105 That was just fuckin' rotten!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:49 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

As long as he's not downiest and dirtiest like Mendy. Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2217377625

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Mendenhump

Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am

He takes several steps to kick it. I am afraid he will get it blocked.

I long for the days of when colquitt was our punter - he basically took one step and kicked. His punting genes were so good that he has 2 sons punting in the NFL right now.

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:49 pm

What ever happened to Kapinos? I remember he was really good, then he just... disappeared.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm

The_Joker wrote:
What ever happened to Kapinos? I remember he was really good, then he just... disappeared.

Agreed. I liked Kapinos. Not sure why they didn't sign him when they had him considering it's just been a revolving door at the position. Wikipedia says he's still a free agent. We apparently waived him due to injury when he couldn't punt during final cuts in 2012.

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

As long as he's not downiest and dirtiest like Mendy.  Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2217377625

I'm dying here man. Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 1664291743
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:47 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

As long as he's not downiest and dirtiest like Mendy.  Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 2217377625

I'm dying here man. Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 1664291743

WTF is wrong with our team? Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

WTF is wrong with our team?  Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 1505004552

Apparently, they must have took lessons from our Rapo QB... Aww shit, WTF is wrong with you Buddha? You know better than to talk about Big Ben like that! Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry 3410998299

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry   Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign punter Jordan Berry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next